Imbeded links

Something weird is happenning.
Links imbeded in Mail or News don't work!
Ie Clicking etc just causes a hang and time-out
They work if C/P to IE6
Thanks in advance
rolu

OE questions are better asked/answered in an OE ng.
Are the HT's complete or broken?

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> OE questions are better asked/answered in an OE ng.
> Are the HT's complete or broken?

Complete.
Australia's largest ISP, bigpond.com, Government owned, doesn't have an OE
ng on its server!!
It was removed some time ago during their regular fiddling with their
system.
Thanks for your reply.
---
rolu

It doesn't have to. Setup an ng account using server name:
msnews.microsoft.com
Once setup double click it and click newsgroups to select the ones you want to
subscribe to.

--

"rolu" <rolu@bigpong.con> wrote in message

> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
>> OE questions are better asked/answered in an OE ng.
>> Are the HT's complete or broken?
>>
> Complete.
> Australia's largest ISP, bigpond.com, Government owned, doesn't have an OE
> ng on its server!!
> It was removed some time ago during their regular fiddling with their
> system.
> Thanks for your reply.
> ---
> rolu

Thanks Brian
It seems that running mcrepair.exe '
http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/patch/1.0/win98/en-us/mcrepair.exe'that
that Glee suggested for correction of an error problem, 0x80070725 discussed
in an earlier post corrected the link problem as well.
I've never had probs with a rebuild before.
I can't explain unless an AV Anti-Malware update caused the problem!?
Again thanks for informing me of 'msnews.microsoft.com'