Microsoft Office Startup

I've licked CoolWebSearch, About Blank, and a number of the tougher ones,
but Microsoft Office Startup is the mother of all mothers! It just keeps
coming back... every time! It's back before I reboot even. I've been to
all the "Run" keys in the registry and don't see hide nor hair of it. But
in msconfig it just keeps regenerating. And I don't run any office
applications while I'm trying to get rid of it.
It always gets in there when you install an office product, but a one time
unticking usually takes care of it. Not this time though.
Any ideas how to get rid of it?

--
--- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---
7 answers Last reply

    "Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22@nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
    > I've licked CoolWebSearch, About Blank, and a number of the tougher ones,
    > but Microsoft Office Startup is the mother of all mothers! It just keeps
    > coming back... every time! It's back before I reboot even. I've been to
    > all the "Run" keys in the registry and don't see hide nor hair of it. But
    > in msconfig it just keeps regenerating. And I don't run any office
    > applications while I'm trying to get rid of it.
    > It always gets in there when you install an office product, but a one time
    > unticking usually takes care of it. Not this time though.
    > Any ideas how to get rid of it?
    >
    > --
    > --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

    mine starts from osa9.exe ...there is a link in the reg for it

    What version of Office?

    Frequently asked questions about the Office 2000 shortcut (OSA9.exe) in the Windows
    Startup menu:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210875

    OFFICE XP: What Is the Osa.exe File and What Does It Do?:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290144

    OFFICE 97: What Is the Office Startup Application (OSA) and What Does It Do?:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165071
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22@nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
    > I've licked CoolWebSearch, About Blank, and a number of the tougher ones,
    > but Microsoft Office Startup is the mother of all mothers! It just keeps
    > coming back... every time! It's back before I reboot even. I've been to
    > all the "Run" keys in the registry and don't see hide nor hair of it. But
    > in msconfig it just keeps regenerating. And I don't run any office
    > applications while I'm trying to get rid of it.
    > It always gets in there when you install an office product, but a one time
    > unticking usually takes care of it. Not this time though.
    > Any ideas how to get rid of it?
    >
    > --
    > --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

    It's Office 2002 SP3
    The file it's starting is:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    The only references to it in the registry are in places like installers.
    This is in Windows 98 SE, by the way.
    It's nothing I can't live with, it just annoys me that I can't get rid of
    it.

    "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in

    > What version of Office?
    >
    > Frequently asked questions about the Office 2000 shortcut (OSA9.exe)
    > in the Windows Startup menu:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210875
    >
    > OFFICE XP: What Is the Osa.exe File and What Does It Do?:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290144
    >
    > OFFICE 97: What Is the Office Startup Application (OSA) and What Does
    > It Do?: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165071

    --
    --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

    This is crazy but I used the Maintenance Wizard.
    It was listed there.
    --
    mae

    | It's Office 2002 SP3
    | The file it's starting is:
    | C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    | The only references to it in the registry are in places like installers.
    | This is in Windows 98 SE, by the way.
    | It's nothing I can't live with, it just annoys me that I can't get rid of
    | it.
    |
    | "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in
    |
    | > What version of Office?
    | >
    | > Frequently asked questions about the Office 2000 shortcut (OSA9.exe)
    | > in the Windows Startup menu:
    | > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210875
    | >
    | > OFFICE XP: What Is the Osa.exe File and What Does It Do?:
    | > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290144
    | >
    | > OFFICE 97: What Is the Office Startup Application (OSA) and What Does
    | > It Do?: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165071
    |

    | --
    | --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

    Cool... "what" maintenance wizard? :-)

    --
    --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

    You don't find a shortcut to OSA in the Start Menu> Programs> StartUp folder?

    Here are the locations Windows 98 uses to load startup apps:

    -the load= and run= lines of the WIN.INI
    -the [386Enh] section of the SYSTEM.INI
    -C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
    -C:\Windows\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    -the following Registry keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22@nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
    > It's Office 2002 SP3
    > The file it's starting is:
    > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    > The only references to it in the registry are in places like installers.
    > This is in Windows 98 SE, by the way.
    > It's nothing I can't live with, it just annoys me that I can't get rid of
    > it.
    >
    > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in
    >
    > > What version of Office?
    > >
    > > Frequently asked questions about the Office 2000 shortcut (OSA9.exe)
    > > in the Windows Startup menu:
    > >
    > > OFFICE XP: What Is the Osa.exe File and What Does It Do?:
    > >
    > > OFFICE 97: What Is the Office Startup Application (OSA) and What Does
    > > It Do?: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165071
    >

    > --
    > --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

    The one under System tools.
    This was several years ago and different version but maybe it is listed
    there.
    --
    mae

    | Cool... "what" maintenance wizard? :-)
    |
    | "mae" <agrannie@notemail.msn.com> wrote in
    |
    | > This is crazy but I used the Maintenance Wizard.
    | > It was listed there.
    | > --
    | > mae
    | >
    | > "Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22@nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
    | >| It's Office 2002 SP3
    | >| The file it's starting is:
    | >| C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    | >| The only references to it in the registry are in places like
    | >| installers. This is in Windows 98 SE, by the way.
    | >| It's nothing I can't live with, it just annoys me that I can't get
    | >| rid of it.
    | >|
    | >| "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in
    | >|

    | >|
    | >|
    | >|
    | >| --
    | >| --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
    | >| ---
    | >

    | --
    | --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

Microsoft Office Windows