ActiveX & Downloaded Progam files?

Susan

I have two entries in Downloaded Program Files under C:\Windows

The two entries have long string of numbers for name.
Description Company Language Copyright are unknown
Created is None
Last Accessed is None
Status is None

CodeBase is http://codecs.microsoft.com/codecs/i386/wmv8
http://codecs.microsoft.com/codecs/i386/msauc

How do you know if these are legit? I have been removing malware and one
place said to check files in Downloaded Program files.

Thanks for information,
Susan

HAGGIS

"Susan" <dsnsacree@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have two entries in Downloaded Program Files under C:\Windows
>
> The two entries have long string of numbers for name.
> Description Company Language Copyright are unknown
> Created is None
> Last Accessed is None
> Status is None
>
> CodeBase is http://codecs.microsoft.com/codecs/i386/wmv8
> http://codecs.microsoft.com/codecs/i386/msauc
>
> How do you know if these are legit? I have been removing malware and one
> place said to check files in Downloaded Program files.
>
> Thanks for information,
> Susan

I would say they are ok....downloaded codecs for use with windows media
player to allow it to play different types of audio/video

as you have shown ..they were downloaded from microsoft and have probably
already been installed...you can probably delete them if you wanted too...MP
would just download them again if needed