epson stylus color 600

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 6, 2005 12:49:13 PM

the epson stylus color 600 is printing out garbage. its a
software/driver problem. it works fine on my non-windows machine.

anyone know how to fix this?

More about : epson stylus color 600

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 6:58:55 PM

"Dilbert Firestorm" <scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote in
message news:cu5e9s$2or$6@news.datasync.com...
> the epson stylus color 600 is printing out garbage. its a software/driver
> problem. it works fine on my non-windows machine.
>
> anyone know how to fix this?

Reinstall the drivers?
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 10:10:36 PM

A little more info than "no spam" might be helpful "Dilbert"... like
which OS you are using, which PC driver you are using, how it is
connected to your computer, etc.

Art

Dilbert Firestorm wrote:

> the epson stylus color 600 is printing out garbage. its a
> software/driver problem. it works fine on my non-windows machine.
>
> anyone know how to fix this?

Related resources
February 8, 2005 2:05:30 AM

"Dilbert Firestorm" <scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote in
message news:cu5e9s$2or$6@news.datasync.com...
> the epson stylus color 600 is printing out garbage. its a software/driver
> problem. it works fine on my non-windows machine.
>
> anyone know how to fix this?

Try a different printer cable.
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 5:36:36 PM

the os is windows 98SE. not sure about the drivers tho.

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> A little more info than "no spam" might be helpful "Dilbert"... like
> which OS you are using, which PC driver you are using, how it is
> connected to your computer, etc.
>
> Art
>

> Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
>
>> the epson stylus color 600 is printing out garbage. its a
>> software/driver problem. it works fine on my non-windows machine.
>>
>> anyone know how to fix this?

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 3:37:07 PM

OK, You aren't giving me much to go on... On the computer that is
providing odd printing, are you sure you have the correct printer
selected when you go to print? The problem you mention is common when
an incorrect driver has be selected (perhaps the driver for an other
default printer?) Make sure the driver for the 600 is selected.

It that isn't the issue you may have a scrambled or corrupted driver. Go
to Epson.com, then to your local Epson (country or area where you live).
Go to support and to drivers and find the most current driver for your
printer and OS.

Uninstall (remove/delete) the old driver for teh SC600.. If you have to
reboot the computer to remove all the components, then do so. Install
the downloaded current driver from the place you downloaded it to.
Usually, Eppsn drivers are self extracting and auto-installing, so you
just double click on the icon or file, and it goes. Do NOT load an "in
box" driver that might have come with WIN98SE, as it will not have full
functionality. If the computer suggests doing so, cancel the option of
installing a WIN98SE provided driver.

See if that resolves the problem. Chances are it will.

!