Unable to add protocol

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Hi,

I am working on a PC for a friend 98 SE. Uninstalled wireless pci card.
Wanted wired connection more stable. After I uninstalled and installed the
new NIC I tried to add TCP/IP and when I click on ADD nothing happens. Same
thing with service and client but when I do adapter I get Rundll32 caused
General protection fault in setupx.dll.

I have run SFC and setupx.dll was corrupted no difference.

I have taken everyting out of networking only thing in there now is the new
card.

Any ideas anyone???

Saw this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q177847 but
it is for win 95...tried it though...no help.

Any help would be great thanks.

Your TCP/IP stack may be corrupted. Maybe is good to reinstall the whole os

"Jamie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a PC for a friend 98 SE. Uninstalled wireless pci card.
> Wanted wired connection more stable. After I uninstalled and installed the
> new NIC I tried to add TCP/IP and when I click on ADD nothing happens. Same
> thing with service and client but when I do adapter I get Rundll32 caused
> General protection fault in setupx.dll.
>
> I have run SFC and setupx.dll was corrupted no difference.
>
> I have taken everyting out of networking only thing in there now is the new
> card.
>
> Any ideas anyone???
>
> Saw this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q177847 but
> it is for win 95...tried it though...no help.
>
> Any help would be great thanks.

See if anything here helps:
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/setupx.htm

--