Out of range error

Hello..

Running the FS 2004, after some time I get the next error:

Out of Range
H 83 khz
V 93 HZ
Max 1280x1024

and the screen gets black and I have to restart the sim

Have a Pentium 3 ghz with 512 memory
Radion 9200 Pro card
configured with 1024x768 with 32 bits

Any idea?

Hans

"Hans Stam" <hansstam@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hello..
>
> Running the FS 2004, after some time I get the next error:
>
> Out of Range
> H 83 khz
> V 93 HZ
> Max 1280x1024
>
> and the screen gets black and I have to restart the sim
>
> Have a Pentium 3 ghz with 512 memory
> Radion 9200 Pro card
> configured with 1024x768 with 32 bits
>

> Any idea?
>
> Hans

Possibly too high a refresh rate for your monitor?

>Running the FS 2004, after some time I get the next error:
>
>Out of Range
>H 83 khz
>V 93 HZ
>Max 1280x1024
>
>and the screen gets black and I have to restart the sim
>
>Have a Pentium 3 ghz with 512 memory
>Radion 9200 Pro card
>configured with 1024x768 with 32 bits

Did you install the correct drivers for your monitor? The video card
is simply sending too high a refresh rate for it at the resolution you
are using...

===
Best Regards
Katy

I saw this error on a friends computer. It seemed that was the default
message the monitor displayed when it was not getting a signal from the pc
or getting a bad signal from the pc.

I cleaned out their computer for them (dusty old thing) and reseated the cpu
heatsink for them. I also reseated the ram and did my best to route the
power cables and ide cables etc so as to improve airflow. I also set up a
fresh install of win xp since their previous install was corrupted. The
problem never came back.

"Hans Stam" <hansstam@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hello..
>
> Running the FS 2004, after some time I get the next error:
>
> Out of Range
> H 83 khz
> V 93 HZ
> Max 1280x1024
>
> and the screen gets black and I have to restart the sim
>
> Have a Pentium 3 ghz with 512 memory
> Radion 9200 Pro card
> configured with 1024x768 with 32 bits
>

> Any idea?
>
> Hans

Yes have the correct drivers, so I have also read the other suggestions, but
till now the same problem..
it is working for some time and then, out of range error..

any more ideas are welcome, because it is frustrating..

Hans

>Yes have the correct drivers, so I have also read the other suggestions, but
>till now the same problem..
>it is working for some time and then, out of range error..
>
>any more ideas are welcome, because it is frustrating..

If it works for some time then fails like this I would think that the
video card is overheating or faulty - or the monitor itself but that
would happen with any app, did you check the temperatures? Also is
there any task in the background that might cause a switching then
failure of the display?

===
Best Regards
Katy

Thanks for your reply..

No, I only work with the FS2004, no other programs working at the same
time..
I have also another simulator, Condor,
http://www.condorsoaring.com/index.htm
and with this sim, I have no problems..

I try again..

Hans

Hello all..

Because I still have the same problem of Out of Range, so that I can's fly
for a long time, it happens most of the times after
10 minutes that the FS2004 stops, I notice in my system configuration the
next:

I see with my screenadaptors 2 adaptors:

RADEON 9200 PRO Family (Microsoft Corporation)
RADEON 9200 PRO SEC Family (Microsoft Corporation

Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but is there someone, telling me if this
is correct?

Hans

I don't know why you've got two entries for the video card but it looks like
you're using Microsoft's default drivers (which Win XP insists on
installing) rather than ATI's. Might be better to update to the latest ATI
drivers and see if that helps. :0))

Iain