Error Number Ox80070725

I've just rebuilt my machine format and up.
When trying to install 'NeroBurning' or my 'Canon MP360 3 in 1' I get:

'Internal failure
Error number 0x80070725

BTW,
'InCD' packaged with the Nero CD installs OK
Please any ideas
TIA
---
rolu
3 answers Last reply
More about error number ox80070725

    My standard post on this error:
    The recommended procedure is to install DCOM98:
    http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom98/dcom1_3.asp

    Alternately, this procedure has worked in various versions of Windows:
    "Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub" Error Message with the InstallShield Program:
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=321915

    <quote>
    This issue may be caused by any program that installs different versions of the
    Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll, Asycfilt.dll and Stdole2.tlb files (and possibly
    others). This may create a mixed file version environment with files that are not
    compatible with each other.
    <endquote>

    Download and install the Mcrepair.exe tool, save the file to the desktop, and then
    run Mcrepair.exe:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/patch/1.0/win98/en-us/mcrepair.exe

    Restart your computer after you install Mcrepair.exe.

    See also:
    RPC Stub Error 0x80070725:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/rpcstub.jsp
    and
    http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q105810

    Also, check Control Panel> Add\Remove Programs for Gator, Webhancer, Web 3000,
    Delfin, or Promulgate, and uninstall them. They may still be on the machine and not
    in Add\Remove. You will find them with Ad-Aware.

    Install Ad-Aware SE free edition, start it, click its 'Check for Updates' link in
    the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system, and remove what it
    finds.
    Ad-Aware:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > My standard post on this error:
    > The recommended procedure is to install DCOM98:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom98/dcom1_3.asp
    >
    > Alternately, this procedure has worked in various versions of Windows:
    > "Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub" Error Message with the
    InstallShield Program:
    > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=321915
    >
    > <quote>
    > This issue may be caused by any program that installs different versions
    of the
    > Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll, Asycfilt.dll and Stdole2.tlb files (and
    possibly
    > others). This may create a mixed file version environment with files that
    are not
    > compatible with each other.
    > <endquote>
    >
    > Download and install the Mcrepair.exe tool, save the file to the desktop,
    and then
    > run Mcrepair.exe:

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/patch/1.0/win98/en-us/mcrepair.exe

    > Restart your computer after you install Mcrepair.exe.
    >
    > See also:
    > RPC Stub Error 0x80070725:
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/help/rpcstub.jsp
    > and
    > http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q105810
    >
    > Also, check Control Panel> Add\Remove Programs for Gator, Webhancer, Web
    3000,
    > Delfin, or Promulgate, and uninstall them. They may still be on the
    machine and not
    > in Add\Remove. You will find them with Ad-Aware.
    >
    > Install Ad-Aware SE free edition, start it, click its 'Check for Updates'
    link in
    > the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system, and remove
    what it
    > finds.
    > Ad-Aware:
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
    > --
    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
    >

    > "rolu" <rolu@bigpong.con> wrote in message
    > > I've just rebuilt my machine format and up.
    > > When trying to install 'NeroBurning' or my 'Canon MP360 3 in 1' I get:
    > >
    > > 'Internal failure
    > > Error number 0x80070725
    > >
    > > BTW,
    > > 'InCD' packaged with the Nero CD installs OK
    > > Please any ideas
    > > TIA
    > > ---
    > > rolu

    Thanks Glen.
    Mcrepair.exe works a treat.
    I'm not sure what happened as I was only reinstalling my old software and
    settings, a task I've performed many times.
    Strange things do happen I suppose.
    Once again many thanks.
    rolu

    > > My standard post on this error:
    > > The recommended procedure is to install DCOM98:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom98/dcom1_3.asp
    > >
    > > Alternately, this procedure has worked in various versions of Windows:
    > > "Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub" Error Message with the
    > InstallShield Program:
    > > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=321915
    > >
    > > <quote>
    > > This issue may be caused by any program that installs different versions
    > of the
    > > Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll, Asycfilt.dll and Stdole2.tlb files (and
    > possibly
    > > others). This may create a mixed file version environment with files that
    > are not
    > > compatible with each other.
    > > <endquote>
    > >
    > > Download and install the Mcrepair.exe tool, save the file to the desktop,
    > and then
    > > run Mcrepair.exe:

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/patch/1.0/win98/en-us/mcrepair.exe

    > > Restart your computer after you install Mcrepair.exe.
    > >
    > > See also:
    > > RPC Stub Error 0x80070725:
    > > http://www.java.com/en/download/help/rpcstub.jsp
    > > and
    > > http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q105810
    > >
    > > Also, check Control Panel> Add\Remove Programs for Gator, Webhancer, Web
    > 3000,
    > > Delfin, or Promulgate, and uninstall them. They may still be on the
    > machine and not
    > > in Add\Remove. You will find them with Ad-Aware.
    > >
    > > Install Ad-Aware SE free edition, start it, click its 'Check for Updates'
    > link in
    > > the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system, and remove
    > what it
    > > finds.
    > > Ad-Aware:
    > > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
    > > --
    > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
    > >

    > > "rolu" <rolu@bigpong.con> wrote in message
    > > > I've just rebuilt my machine format and up.
    > > > When trying to install 'NeroBurning' or my 'Canon MP360 3 in 1' I get:
    > > >
    > > > 'Internal failure
    > > > Error number 0x80070725
    > > >
    > > > BTW,
    > > > 'InCD' packaged with the Nero CD installs OK
    > > > Please any ideas
    > > > TIA
    > > > ---
    > > > rolu
    >
    > Thanks Glen.
    > Mcrepair.exe works a treat.
    > I'm not sure what happened as I was only reinstalling my old software and
    > settings, a task I've performed many times.
    > Strange things do happen I suppose.
    > Once again many thanks.
    > rolu

    Glad to hear it....thanks for the feedback.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Microsoft Windows