First my config :
p5gd1 vm
p4 3ghz
X850xT HIS
Corsair VS 2*512 3200
Screen : Phillips HDTV 26" res max 1366*768

nothing is OCed

So my problem is :

My x850 was connected to my HDTV with a DVI cable . 2 days ago i booted my comp and the colours were normal . Then arrived to the windows login page everything was red o_O

like everything dark was red

Really weird . I tried uninstalling the catalyst and reinstalling but nonthing .

Then i was adviced to use driver cleaner and nothing more .

though when i take a screenshot the person who i send it to see the image with the right colours o_O

And now when i try to reinstall the catalyst i have an error with atishlx.exe and no way i can install the CCC

And now my screen is even red at the boot of the comp (i use a new cable)

So i don't know if it is the TV which is borken because when the CC worked i use the HDTV out on my card and it worked through the dvi of my TV

Ichanged the cable twice , with the first one the screen was first normal and then red at the windows login page . with the second it is red at the boot .

I use my card with an old lcd screen (prophetview 920) at this very moment and i tried both DVIs and both worked (thrgough the dvi-vga adaptater)

Id don't know if it is very clear because there are so much elements .

I'm very bothered becasue it happen at an exam moment , and i'm in a 3D class so i need my screen badly :/ and 1k € is kinda expensive for a red screen xD

Thanks a lot to everyone in adavance and sorry for the mss in this post , i tried to make it clear , and for the language because as you can have guessed i'm not native english speaking ^^'

Thx again

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Try using the catalyst uninstaller from the Ati website.
Then reinstall all the latest motherboard drivers first.
Then the latest Ati drivers, 6.4.

carbish

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
I tried everything you said but nothing more

Still can't uninstall CCC even with the ATI uninstaller

Internal error : atishlx.exe

:oops:

thanks in advance for everyone reading my problem : )

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Have you tested the Phillips HDTV with another computer to see if the red is still there?

Would anyone have changed the Phillips HDTV display settings on your computer or TV?

Run a virus check.

Try the Omega dispay drivers maybe.
http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Do you have microsoft .net framework 1.1 or 2 installed? Update to 2.