invalid page fault

I get an error message :invalid page fault in module CRYPTUI.DLL
@0167:02ad2070 frequently. I can't find an error fix for this. Anyones help
would be greatly appreciated!

http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1139 MSKB
I see nothing particularly helpful for "CRYPTUI.DLL" there.

When do you get the error message? That file...

CRYPTUI.DLL
Desc: Microsoft Trust UI Provider
Loc: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
Size: 475,136 bytes
Mod: Friday, April 23, 1999 10:22:00 PM
Ver: 5.131.1877.4

Cabinet WIN98_27.CAB
04-23-1999 10:22:00p A--- 475,136 cryptui.dll

....has NEVER been updated in Win98SE by Windows Update. So, extract it
with SFC, if it looks different from mine...

(1) "START, Run, SFC"
(2) Bolt "Extract one file from installation disk"
(3) Enter "CRYPTUI.DLL" in the "Specify..." box.
(4) Click "Start".
(5) It should offer to "Save file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM".
If not, make it so.
(6) In "Restore from", if not already pre-filled, browse to
(a) Installation CD (likely the Win98 folder) or
(b) The folder that has your cabs on the hard drive, likely
"C:\WINDOWS\options\cabs\".
(7) Click "OK"

If it discovers the file already exists, it will offer to back it up.
May as well do so. If it discovers the file is "in use", it will request
that you reboot to complete the install.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q185836
System File Checker
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q188186
SFC baseline
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q192832
SFC extracts wrong file
http://www.westelcom.com/users/rogersr/sfc.htm SFC use & problems
http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/using_sfc.html SFC use & problems

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
| I get an error message :invalid page fault in module CRYPTUI.DLL
| @0167:02ad2070 frequently. I can't find an error fix for this. Anyones
help
| would be greatly appreciated!

It worked!!Thanks so much PCR!! Long Time Nurse

"PCR" wrote:

> http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1139 MSKB
> I see nothing particularly helpful for "CRYPTUI.DLL" there.
>
> When do you get the error message? That file...
>
> CRYPTUI.DLL
> Desc: Microsoft Trust UI Provider
> Loc: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
> Size: 475,136 bytes
> Mod: Friday, April 23, 1999 10:22:00 PM
> Ver: 5.131.1877.4
>
> Cabinet WIN98_27.CAB
> 04-23-1999 10:22:00p A--- 475,136 cryptui.dll
>
> ....has NEVER been updated in Win98SE by Windows Update. So, extract it
> with SFC, if it looks different from mine...
>
> (1) "START, Run, SFC"
> (2) Bolt "Extract one file from installation disk"
> (3) Enter "CRYPTUI.DLL" in the "Specify..." box.
> (4) Click "Start".
> (5) It should offer to "Save file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM".
> If not, make it so.
> (6) In "Restore from", if not already pre-filled, browse to
> (a) Installation CD (likely the Win98 folder) or
> (b) The folder that has your cabs on the hard drive, likely
> "C:\WINDOWS\options\cabs\".
> (7) Click "OK"
>
> If it discovers the file already exists, it will offer to back it up.
> May as well do so. If it discovers the file is "in use", it will request
> that you reboot to complete the install.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q185836
> System File Checker
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q188186
> SFC baseline
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q192832
> SFC extracts wrong file
> http://www.westelcom.com/users/rogersr/sfc.htm SFC use & problems
> http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/using_sfc.html SFC use & problems
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> "Long time nurse" <Long time nurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:4A36D943-C544-4AF1-9C6A-9218FB9FD46C@microsoft.com...
> | I get an error message :invalid page fault in module CRYPTUI.DLL
> | @0167:02ad2070 frequently. I can't find an error fix for this. Anyones
> help
> | would be greatly appreciated!

You are welcome. Glad to hear it. I will expect to see you at my
deathbed. But don't go pullin' my plug!

--
message news:EAA2CE7F-6D49-440D-B40C-97A03F77D90D@microsoft.com...
| It worked!!Thanks so much PCR!! Long Time Nurse
|
| "PCR" wrote:
|
| > http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1139 MSKB
| > I see nothing particularly helpful for "CRYPTUI.DLL" there.
| >
| > When do you get the error message? That file...
| >
| > CRYPTUI.DLL
| > Desc: Microsoft Trust UI Provider
| > Loc: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
| > Size: 475,136 bytes
| > Mod: Friday, April 23, 1999 10:22:00 PM
| > Ver: 5.131.1877.4
| >
| > Cabinet WIN98_27.CAB
| > 04-23-1999 10:22:00p A--- 475,136 cryptui.dll
| >
| > ....has NEVER been updated in Win98SE by Windows Update. So, extract
it
| > with SFC, if it looks different from mine...
| >
| > (1) "START, Run, SFC"
| > (2) Bolt "Extract one file from installation disk"
| > (3) Enter "CRYPTUI.DLL" in the "Specify..." box.
| > (4) Click "Start".
| > (5) It should offer to "Save file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM".
| > If not, make it so.
| > (6) In "Restore from", if not already pre-filled, browse to
| > (a) Installation CD (likely the Win98 folder) or
| > (b) The folder that has your cabs on the hard drive, likely
| > "C:\WINDOWS\options\cabs\".
| > (7) Click "OK"
| >
| > If it discovers the file already exists, it will offer to back it
up.
| > May as well do so. If it discovers the file is "in use", it will
request
| > that you reboot to complete the install.
| >
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q185836
| > System File Checker
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q188186
| > SFC baseline
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q192832
| > SFC extracts wrong file
| > http://www.westelcom.com/users/rogersr/sfc.htm SFC use & problems
| > http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/using_sfc.html SFC use &
problems

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Long time nurse" <Long time nurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in
| > message news:4A36D943-C544-4AF1-9C6A-9218FB9FD46C@microsoft.com...
| > | I get an error message :invalid page fault in module CRYPTUI.DLL
| > | @0167:02ad2070 frequently. I can't find an error fix for this.
Anyones
| > help
| > | would be greatly appreciated!

I hate to bother you again , but I have a problem with my computer freezing
up frequently as I am browsing. What could cause this? Grateful nurse

"PCR" wrote:

> [...]
> it
> | > with SFC, if it looks different from mine...
> | >
> | > (1) "START, Run, SFC"
> | > (2) Bolt "Extract one file from installation disk"
> | > (3) Enter "CRYPTUI.DLL" in the "Specify..." box.
> | > (4) Click "Start".
> | > (5) It should offer to "Save file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM".
> | > If not, make it so.
> | > (6) In "Restore from", if not already pre-filled, browse to
> | > (a) Installation CD (likely the Win98 folder) or
> | > (b) The folder that has your cabs on the hard drive, likely
> | > "C:\WINDOWS\options\cabs\".
> | > (7) Click "OK"
> | >
> | > If it discovers the file already exists, it will offer to back it
> up.
> | > May as well do so. If it discovers the file is "in use", it will
> request
> | > that you reboot to complete the install.

See my article here:

Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Long time nurse" <Longtimenurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9B77B6E2-CE17-4CE3-A35F-C7F3B7F53463@microsoft.com...
> I hate to bother you again , but I have a problem with my computer
freezing
> up frequently as I am browsing. What could cause this? Grateful nurse
>
> "PCR" wrote:
>
> > You are welcome. Glad to hear it. I will expect to see you at my
> > deathbed. But don't go pullin' my plug!
> >

> > --
> > Thanks or Good Luck,
> > There may be humor in this post, and,
> > Naturally, you will not sue,
> > should things get worse after this,
> > PCR
> > pcrrcp@netzero.net
> > "Long time nurse" <Longtimenurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:EAA2CE7F-6D49-440D-B40C-97A03F77D90D@microsoft.com...
> > | It worked!!Thanks so much PCR!! Long Time Nurse

> > it

> > up.
> > request

> > problems

> > in
CRYPTUI.DLL
> > Anyones

I think Terhune's diatribe is worth a serious look, & I've just updated
my HOSTS from there. Also...

(1) The mouse & keyboard are the ones with moving parts, & they are
"hooked", meaning tasks will run each time you touch one. Therefore,
with the computer off, unplug the mouse & hold by it's tail until it may
stop spinning & squawking. Also, open & clean the ball & rollers. That
is not a design you may see on the rollers-- it is a band of dirt
running round the center! Also, unplug the keyboard, turn it round &
spank it.

I did plenty of THAT, when I suffered erratic mouse movements & ultimate
mouse freeze. Unfortunately, I more/more dimly recall, there were still
one/two freezes AFTER the last cleaning. STILL, it is good to get the
beloved patriot out of there, I think.

(2) If disabling your virus checker's auto-"System" scan, using it's
Tray button, leaving the other types on, gives immediate & dramatic
relief, I have further info. This supposedly applies to Scan Engine
4.1.60.

(3)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327551&Product=w98
USB Mouse May Hang When the Computer Is Idle for a Long Time

So, if you have "Find Fast", try disabling that.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199787
OFF2000: How to Turn Off the Find Fast Indexer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158705
OFF97: How to Disable the Find Fast Indexer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;135476
OFF95: Office for Windows 95 Find Fast Indexer Overview

(4) For sluggishness in navigating folders: Open Explorer, R-Clk My
Documents in the left pane, & select Properties. How many folders
does it contain? If it is around 100, try moving them out. Reboot. Is
your sluggishness gone?

(5) Update definitions & check for viruses, and try some of the other
measures at Terhune's.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"Long time nurse" <Longtimenurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9B77B6E2-CE17-4CE3-A35F-C7F3B7F53463@microsoft.com...
| I hate to bother you again , but I have a problem with my computer
freezing
| up frequently as I am browsing. What could cause this? Grateful nurse
|
| "PCR" wrote:
|
| > You are welcome. Glad to hear it. I will expect to see you at my
| > deathbed. But don't go pullin' my plug!
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "Long time nurse" <Longtimenurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| > message news:EAA2CE7F-6D49-440D-B40C-97A03F77D90D@microsoft.com...
| > | It worked!!Thanks so much PCR!! Long Time Nurse
| > |
| > |