CD Drive won't read disks

My CD drive recently stopped reading and loading/running files from any CD.
It shows as a valid drive in My Computer but when I try and load a CD it
displays E:\ is not accessible, Device is not ready.

"lyano" <lyano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My CD drive recently stopped reading and loading/running files from any
CD.
> It shows as a valid drive in My Computer but when I try and load a CD it
> displays E:\ is not accessible, Device is not ready.

Like floppy drives, CD drives do not last for
ever: and are cheap and easy to replace.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Try cleaning the drive with an audio CD cleaning disc, not an expensive
"multimedia" cleaning disc. Maybe clean it a couple times if it's old or in
a dirty or smoky area. If that fails then the drive probably needs to be
replaced.

* In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
* http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm