ScarFace

ASUS A8V DELUXE
PLEXTOR PX-716SA
AMD 64 +3200
(4) 512MB XMS CORSAIR PC3200 400 MHZ
BFG 6800 GEFORCE ULTRA OC (AGP)
(2) 74GB RAPTORS
(1) WD 120GB
Tsunami Dream Case<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wizoforb on 06/28/05 02:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
Dawn of War ?
Freedom Force ?
Tron 2.0 ?
Vampire The Masqurade:Bloodlines?
NOLF 2?
Guild Wars?
Psychonauts?

I haven't played it, but I've read good things about Brothers
in Arms.

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
GTASA is so crazy addicting and fun. RPG elements combined with hookers, random violence, and gangsta rap...who could ask for more?

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
I haven't played it, but I've read good things about Brothers
in Arms.

I played the demo, that was ok. Not good enough for me to buy the full game though. It being a WW2 game, it has to be exceptional for me to buy it because i'm not really into that kind of thing.

Interesting combination of strategy and action though.

BigMac

<A HREF="http://www.p3int.com/product_center_NWO_The_Story.asp" target="_new">New World Order</A>

wizoforb

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
Yeah I was looking at guild wars seems like a nice game....

ASUS A8V DELUXE
PLEXTOR PX-716SA
AMD 64 +3200
(2) 74GB RAPTORS
(1) WD 120GB
Tsunami Dream Case

riser

Illustrious
Guild Wars.. I played when the game was in alpha.. it looked cool but it was too early to really see anything.. this was about 3 years ago I think.

I was just told about Eve-online.. I guess this game is awesome.. but it's like 10-14/month..

So I'm checking that out because it's not something that you have to play constantly to get good at.. you turn on your skills you want to improve and it happens regardless if you play or not. It's a matter of upgrading your equipment that causes you to have to play..

BUT I was also informed that the bigger gun doesn't always win.. it's more about your own personal skill and team work.. there are no levels per say.. "lvl 15 rogue" type thing.. you could be a big battleship, but suck because you don't have the right skills to be a battleship.

It has a huge amount of skills and second skills.. so you can be a small weak ship and defeat a battleship.. it all depends on how you play the game..

on top of that, you don't have to fight.. you can be a business owner, miner, bounty hunter, tour guide for that matter.. it has it's own business structure and such.

The best thing? The whole game runs on 1 server community, meaning everyone plays together.. so if you join, you join everyone who is playing.. it's ranked as the largest MMORPG too.

The only downfall is the monthly fee..

wizoforb

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
Please refresh my memory for I haven't seen this game in awhile....what is it about again? I vaguely remember screen shots or what not, but I do remember that I liked the looks of it alot

ASUS A8V DELUXE
PLEXTOR PX-716SA
AMD 64 +3200
(2) 74GB RAPTORS
(1) WD 120GB
Tsunami Dream Case

riser

Illustrious
I guess this game has been rated some of the best graphics.

website is www.eve-online.com

it's all space based.. huge galaxies.. factions, war, business, etc.

Check the website out.. it looks cool and it's all one world.. but if you can handle the 13/mo you'll appreciate it I think.

BomberBill

Splendid
Jan 20, 2005
I dont know if you've already got this but... FAR CRY my friend is an absolute must have. The same goes for the classics: Half-life and 2.

You've probably already got them but I only just recently got Far Cry and have burned my retinas out ever since.

<b><font color=green> "America is full of vociferous minorities and silent majorities". Richard Nixon on the Progressive Party's failed presidential candidate, Henry Wallace. </b> </font color=green>

wizoforb

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
Actually I do have Farcry. I did finsih pretty fast. I was upset on the ending. If you haven't beat yet you'll see what I mean. I liked the alot though.

BomberBill

Splendid
Jan 20, 2005
Mate, they reckon Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay is another sure-fire hit. I dont have the time to buy and play these games often but if you've not already clocked it then give it a look in.

You're list looks solid - as far as I can tell - so enjoy!

<b><font color=green> "You listen to the fans and you'll be sitting up there with them". Bill Belichick on the Browns 'Dog Pound' calls for his exit after his axing of Bernie Kosar. </b> </font color=green>

wizoforb

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
Good Ridick.....I'll look into that game as well. WHat else do you have? or have played? I have a problem with buying games like crazy.....

BomberBill

Splendid
Jan 20, 2005
Mate, I guess I'm a bit behind the times on game playing. I still play, albeit occasionally now, Civ 3, Age of Emp 2. I'm into my late 20's now and am finding that I dont have the same BIG passion for gaming as I once had.

In fact, for a change, I've found myself playing Madden NFL 2005 on XBOX.

You know how it is, its the time factor in all of this - I just dont have enough of it to thoroughly enjoy a game - although its not sinch half-life that I've been so impressed with a FPS. Far Cry is very enjoyable.

I am looking forward to Civ 4. I enjoy in-depth strategy games.

You know something funny: I've been playing Unreal Tournament 2003 but have found myself going back to the original UT to play it over again. I acutally enjoy the original more than the sequel!

I never thought I would ever say something like that with a FPS.

<b><font color=green> "You listen to the fans and you'll be sitting up there with them". Bill Belichick on the Browns 'Dog Pound' calls for his exit after his axing of Bernie Kosar. </b> </font color=green>

BomberBill

Splendid
Jan 20, 2005
Wiz, 5 years ago I fell in love with Shogun:Total War and played it for hours.

Then I waited for a year or so to buy Medieval Total war and Its only recently that I've had decent machine specs to play it and I could not get into it!!!

Its tragic, but I'm loosing my interest in these things.

Mate, enjoy the gaming feeling while it lasts!!!