Is this Dual channel?

thedrake

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
Repeat after me........there is no such thing as dual channel memory.

It is the chipset/mobo that takes 2 sticks and assuming you put them in the correct slots, runs those memory modules in dual channel mode. The memory itself IS NOT DUAL CHANNEL, no such thing exists.

Having said that, what you linked will work in any dual channel chipset/mobo.

I would disagree with wusy in that matched pairs is a way to rip people off. The memory I got was cheaper going with teh matched pairs, than buying the 2 sticks seperate.

thedrake

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
I would disagree with wusy in that matched pairs is a way to rip people off. The memory I got was cheaper going with teh matched pairs, than buying the 2 sticks seperate.
Rare...
Or you aren't looking on Froogle hard enough. :wink:

Don't froogle a whole lot. What I usually do is hit my 4 or 5 favorite sites and compare. (Zipzoomfly, newegg, monarch, digitallyunique, etc...)...From what I can see, the matched pairs are always cheaper....It is the whole "buy in bulk" mentality. Buy 1 for 100, but buy 2 for 190.

For example:
Single for 121:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145560

Matched pair for 188 (also happens to include a 50 rebate so 138):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145575

So tell me where in the heck you think matched pairs are a rip off. EVen with out the 50 rebate, 188 for matched pair kit or buy 2 singles for 242.

Hmm, perhaps you need to stop froogling and actually investigate on your own.

vulefu

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
If your board say that she support dual cahannel then you have it.
Ram doesent have anything with that.
Like everyone said :wink:

vulefu

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
I have balistix too, only one stick.(not enough for kit at that time)
They dont have anymore on stock :cry:

But i crash sisters car(total) so i garra pay everything soo i dont have a money
for a long time :cry: even if they come to stock.

Czarles

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
Didn't know only req on ram was them being identical.

End of discussion unless somone wants to pad their post count by spouting words that make no sense when they are placed in a series and ended with a .