Do Printers die?

Robert

We put a new cartridge in our Canon BJ-200e and it wouldn't print. I put the
same cartridge in our Canon BJC - 250 and it worked. I then put the
cartridge back in the 200e and it worked?

Note: The BJC - 250 had been giving us some trouble, it would get 1/2 way
through a large page and freeze. It seems like it'll only print pages that
have a small amount of text, and forget about pictures. We've searched for
any new drivers but none were found.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Yes, printers die. They also get dirty. They also get out of alignment
and have other problems that may be amenable to repair short of total
trashing.

You should refer to the manufacturer's site for any tools and manuals
that will help you diagnose and/or clean/repair the printer. However,
remember that printers of this type are cheap, and you need to always
consider how much it would cost in time, money and aggravation to repair
it compared with simply replacing it.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Robert" <notme@yoohoo.com> wrote in message
> We put a new cartridge in our Canon BJ-200e and it wouldn't print. I
put the
> same cartridge in our Canon BJC - 250 and it worked. I then put the
> cartridge back in the 200e and it worked?
>
> Note: The BJC - 250 had been giving us some trouble, it would get 1/2
way
> through a large page and freeze. It seems like it'll only print pages
that
> have a small amount of text, and forget about pictures. We've searched
for
> any new drivers but none were found.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

And that is why I will never buy a second hand one. :)

--
PSYCHOPIXIE

Robert

Thanks Gary.