Gotta love upgrades...but still need help

yarricc

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Ok here's the deal
I have the following already and will be purchacing my graphics card at the end of the month. I run my monitor at 1280x1024 (19" samsung flat panel 930b) I do some gaming but not a lot in the way of FPS games. I play WOW, Tiger Woods PGA tour 06, Guildwars and some older titles. Will also be buying dawn of war.

Asus p5wd2-e premium (975x chipset)
P4 3.0ghz dual core (presler)
2gig Patriot ddr2-800 4-4-4-12
2 36gig Raptor hd's (will run in raid 0 for OS and programs)
Plextor DVD burner and Plextor CD Burner
Floppy drive with built in USB card reader.
Creative labs x-fi platnium

I need a recommendation for a video card. I have always used geforce cards so I Know they do great drivers. I am not familiar with ATI drivers or cards. I have about 300-350 dollars to spend on a card and I need dual dvi's as another flat panel is planed in the near future. I don't need vivo, but if a card has it thats ok to. I plan to purchase from newegg as they have great service and good pricing.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I've also seen conflicting benchmarks on which is better, some say GT while others say the XT... I'm waiting for THG to update their Interactive GPU Charts, which should provide some better insight.

Both are good cards and fit your system perfectly. btw, great system, are you going to be trying OC'ing?

~Ibrahim~