Windows 98 Fatal Exception 06 VXD (Windows)

I receive the follwing error "Windows Fatal Exception 06 VXD" when execute
the iexplorer program.
When I reboot in safe mode I don't receive this error.
Looks to me could be graphic driver program.

Please help me resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Even though IE/Explorer are closely knit, this would be best asked/answered in a
IE ng.

AFAIK you won't get the error in Safe Mode because no drivers for the modem/nic
should be loaded. Safe Mode loads the minimal amount of drivers to be able to
start Windows.

See if any of this helps, scroll down to the 06 errors:
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/fatlexer.htm

--

Brian A. Sesko
<>MS MVP<>Shell/User<>

"Joe K." <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I receive the follwing error "Windows Fatal Exception 06 VXD" when execute
> the iexplorer program.
> When I reboot in safe mode I don't receive this error.
> Looks to me could be graphic driver program.
>
> Please help me resolve this problem.
>
> Thanks,

Can it be you took Kb891711 from Windows Update...?...

"START button, Run, MSConfig, Startup tab".
Uncheck Kb891711, as it is poison to many, including myself. On your
next reboot, it will not be running.

You may Ctrl-Alt-Del & kill it there, if you don't care to reboot
immediately.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"Joe K." <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

| I receive the follwing error "Windows Fatal Exception 06 VXD" when
execute
| the iexplorer program.
| When I reboot in safe mode I don't receive this error.
| Looks to me could be graphic driver program.
|
| Please help me resolve this problem.
|
| Thanks,

Thank you for this - I had a similar problem after doing a routine Windows
update and unchecking the kb891711 fixed it. You're a lifesaver.

"PCR" wrote:

> Can it be you took Kb891711 from Windows Update...?...
>
> "START button, Run, MSConfig, Startup tab".
> Uncheck Kb891711, as it is poison to many, including myself. On your
> next reboot, it will not be running.
>
> You may Ctrl-Alt-Del & kill it there, if you don't care to reboot
> immediately.
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> "Joe K." <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |
> | I receive the follwing error "Windows Fatal Exception 06 VXD" when
> execute
> | the iexplorer program.
> | When I reboot in safe mode I don't receive this error.
> | Looks to me could be graphic driver program.
> |
> | Please help me resolve this problem.
> |
> | Thanks,

You are welcome.

--
"jktalbott(removethis)@aol.com"
<jktalbottremovethisaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Thank you for this - I had a similar problem after doing a routine
Windows
| update and unchecking the kb891711 fixed it. You're a lifesaver.
|
| "PCR" wrote:
|
| > Can it be you took Kb891711 from Windows Update...?...
| >
| > "START button, Run, MSConfig, Startup tab".
| > Uncheck Kb891711, as it is poison to many, including myself. On your
| > next reboot, it will not be running.
| >
| > You may Ctrl-Alt-Del & kill it there, if you don't care to reboot
| > immediately.
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,