DOUBLE-POSTED QUESTION...PLEASE IGNORE ME

mtoivane

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
Hi guys. The cooling fan on my GeForce 4 Ti 4600 is dying. I opened the case today and verified that the fan IS still running, but it's quite loose on its bearings, thus it is running very noisily. I'm looking for an inexpensive fix for this because I don't really game (I primarily watch videos and listen to music) and this card has more than enough power for me.

Does it make sense for me to try and find a good VGA cooler to replace the dying fan? Does it make more sense to buy a new video card? I don't do much (read: almost no) gaming, and the games I play aren't all that demanding (WarCraft III is probably the most demanding game I play). The new card (if that's the way I go) would need to drive everything at 1280x1024 at 32 bit colour, as I'm running an LCD monitor on this setup.

Suggestions?

weilin

Distinguished
3 options,

A. buy new card nothing special 9250 or a fx5200 would do 50 bucks

B. aftermarket cooler

c. Quick fix, since its just a fan, take hte video card out.. find a ruler and measure hte size of hte fan. (it should be square so 1 side would do). Go to newegg or some retail store and buy hte fan you need. (you may have to solder wires together to make the connector work.)