Explorer ?

When ever I open Windows explorer the windows folder in the left pane is
always expanded, how can I change it so that when I open windows Explorer
it`s not expanded? It`s no major problem just a minor annoyance.
Win98se
Thanks
Kim
4 answers Last reply
More about explorer

    Right-click the shortcut to Windows Explorer, click Properties> Shortcut tab, and
    modify the Target line according to the available parameters here --
    Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer:
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=130510

    You can open an un-expanded Windows Explorer by holding down the Windows key on the
    keyboard while you press the E key.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "kimbo_" <kimbo_xfakedx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
    > When ever I open Windows explorer the windows folder in the left pane is
    > always expanded, how can I change it so that when I open windows Explorer
    > it`s not expanded? It`s no major problem just a minor annoyance.
    > Win98se
    > Thanks
    > Kim

    As Glee said...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q130510
    Command Line Parameters for Explorer

    Alternatively, this one will open at an expanded "C:\"...

    (a) "START button, Find, F/F, Explorer.scf"
    It will show up with the name "EXPLORER", no file type.
    And likely it is in "C:\Windows".
    (b) Use the R-Mouse button to drag it from the find box to the
    QuickLaunch bar, just to the right of the START button.
    You will see a solid vertical line showing where in the
    QuickLaunch bar it is to end up.
    (c) Release the R-Mouse button for choices, &
    select "Copy here" from the choices.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "kimbo_" <kimbo_xfakedx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
    | When ever I open Windows explorer the windows folder in the left pane
    is
    | always expanded, how can I change it so that when I open windows
    Explorer
    | it`s not expanded? It`s no major problem just a minor annoyance.
    | Win98se
    | Thanks
    | Kim

    Many thanks
    Kim

    You are welcome.

    --
    | Many thanks
    | Kim

Windows Explorer Explorer Microsoft Windows