Explorer ?

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 4, 2005 3:19:56 PM

When ever I open Windows explorer the windows folder in the left pane is
always expanded, how can I change it so that when I open windows Explorer
it`s not expanded? It`s no major problem just a minor annoyance.
Win98se
Thanks
Kim

More about : explorer

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:08:02 PM

Right-click the shortcut to Windows Explorer, click Properties> Shortcut tab, and
modify the Target line according to the available parameters here --
Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=130510

You can open an un-expanded Windows Explorer by holding down the Windows key on the
keyboard while you press the E key.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"kimbo_" <kimbo_xfakedx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
> When ever I open Windows explorer the windows folder in the left pane is
> always expanded, how can I change it so that when I open windows Explorer
> it`s not expanded? It`s no major problem just a minor annoyance.
> Win98se
> Thanks
> Kim

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 10:23:27 PM

As Glee said...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q130510
Command Line Parameters for Explorer

Alternatively, this one will open at an expanded "C:\"...

(a) "START button, Find, F/F, Explorer.scf"
It will show up with the name "EXPLORER", no file type.
And likely it is in "C:\Windows".
(b) Use the R-Mouse button to drag it from the find box to the
QuickLaunch bar, just to the right of the START button.
You will see a solid vertical line showing where in the
QuickLaunch bar it is to end up.
(c) Release the R-Mouse button for choices, &
select "Copy here" from the choices.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"kimbo_" <kimbo_xfakedx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
| When ever I open Windows explorer the windows folder in the left pane
is
| always expanded, how can I change it so that when I open windows
Explorer
| it`s not expanded? It`s no major problem just a minor annoyance.
| Win98se
| Thanks
| Kim

April 6, 2005 2:43:05 PM