A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:FF032C33 in VXD ..

I am trying to install an external DVD to my laptop, it installs the drive OK
but then finds a USB to ATAPI adapter. When it attempts to install this, I
get the above fatal exception message and don't know how to resolve it. I
desperately need to use this drive to do backups. By the way, the last bit
above should read 00000113.

"stu33" <stu33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to install an external DVD to my laptop, it installs the drive OK
>but then finds a USB to ATAPI adapter. When it attempts to install this, I
>get the above fatal exception message and don't know how to resolve it. I
>desperately need to use this drive to do backups. By the way, the last bit
>above should read 00000113.

Windows 98 original or Windows 98 Second Edition?

Many USB items require the improved USB support included with Second
Edition.

Check the hard drive manufacturer's web site for any driver updates
and/or technical support notes regarding your drive model and Windows
98.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

> "stu33" <stu33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to install an external DVD to my laptop, it installs the
drive OK
> >but then finds a USB to ATAPI adapter. When it attempts to install this,
> >get the above fatal exception message and don't know how to resolve it. I
> >desperately need to use this drive to do backups. By the way, the last
bit
> >above should read 00000113.
>
> Windows 98 original or Windows 98 Second Edition?
>
> Many USB items require the improved USB support included with Second
> Edition.
>
> Check the hard drive manufacturer's web site for any driver updates
> and/or technical support notes regarding your drive model and Windows
> 98.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

I got a new MB that required the USB support of ME or better.
-Pete

TRENDING THREADS