Media player won't start

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I didn't touch a thing! One day mediaplayer won't start. I have a back
up of the registry and I tried to find anything that changed but the file is
huge and is not in the same order as in regedit. Unfortunately I had booted
more than five times before I discovered the problem and scanreg finds no
errors. I used one of my spyware checkers and it found a registry change(i
don't remember which one found it)in "Client Id". I can't find that in my
backup. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Steve

It doesn't matter how many times you've *booted*, it's how many *days*
since the problem occurs. If you haven't disabled the automatic running
of SCANREG at startup, you have five *days* of Registry backups, one
backup per day. Try restarting in MS-DOS mode and running

scanreg /restore

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User