MSA

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2002

I share a DSL line with several users, and am wondering if there's any
way i'll be able to use Callvantage behind the router. Or do I have
to wait for ATT to upgrade , perhaps the firmware? If there's an
upgrade coming, anyone have any idea when?

Thanks.

"MSA" <msa62001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I share a DSL line with several users, and am wondering if there's
>any
> way i'll be able to use Callvantage behind the router. Or do I
> have
> to wait for ATT to upgrade , perhaps the firmware? If there's an
> upgrade coming, anyone have any idea when?
>
> Thanks.

I have the ATT Callvantage Service using the Linksys RT41P2-AD
router with VoIP. I also have a Zoom X5 combination ADSL
modem/router. At first I connected the TA after the Zoom router
because I did not want to buy another standalone ADSL modem. I
could receive calls but I got no feedback on outgoing calls except
dial tone. There was no ringing sound or busy sound. I tried
calling my landline and cellular phone so the calls were getting
through. I got help from Zoom on how to make the X5 a simple modem
so I now use the RT41P2-AD as my router. You could place your
existing router downstream from the TA on a different subnet.

--
Earl F. Parrish