Problem? How to resolve win98 system file opening when I t..

I used windows registry repair pro. Then I restored files from back up.
Problem still present. prior to all this no problem. Thanks Qwert
2 answers Last reply
More about problem resolve win98 system file opening

    Try the procedure here first:
    Windows Explorer Starts When You Start Your Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=228502

    "To resolve this issue, delete the DesktopProcess value from the following registry
    key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer "

    Post back with your results.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "qwert" <qwert@discussions.com> wrote in message
    > I used windows registry repair pro. Then I restored files from back up.
    > Problem still present. prior to all this no problem. Thanks Qwert

    (1) A folder named "C:\Program" would do something like that. "C:\File"
    is also forbidden. (Naturally, "C:\Program Files" is fine.)

    I did test it myself. A folder named "C:\Program" opens a cute little
    folder in the upper left of the Desktop, named "Program", at boot. When
    you try to delete it in Explorer, you get a second warning after the
    confirm of delete, saying something like "system settings (files?) may
    be affected".

    (2) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;228502
    Windows Explorer Starts When You Start Your Computer

    "START, Run, RegEdit", & navigate to this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    & delete "DeskTopProcess" this way:

    (a) Click the plus signs beginning with "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" & ending at
    "CurrentVersion".
    (b) Click "Explorer" in the left pane (not it's plus sign).
    (c) R-Clk "DeskTopProcess" in the right pane (if there) & delete it.
    (d) Then close the registry editor and reboot. (Careful in the Registry,
    though.)

    (3) If those aren't it, then examine "START, Run, MSInfo32, Software
    Environment, Startup Programs" for an anomaly. If you don't see it, then
    use the Edit menu to select all & copy, & post it. (Edit the output &
    put spaces between the lines before posting.)

    One poster had a mention of "Win.ini" in MSInfo32. It turned out "START,
    Run, MSConfig, Win.ini tab, [Windows] section" had "run= ." (That's a
    period [.]). This normally reads "run=", (and "load=" is also normal).

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "qwert" <qwert@discussions.com> wrote in message
    | I used windows registry repair pro. Then I restored files from back
    up.
    | Problem still present. prior to all this no problem. Thanks Qwert

System File Microsoft Windows