Drunk America West Pilots get theirs

The beyond stupid drunk flight crew on an America West flight were
sentenced today. The Pilot got 5 years and the other drunk sitting to
his right got 2 1/2years . All through the trial they were 2 arrogant
A holes............... They got off light , in my opinion.

Bob
15 answers Last reply
More about drunk america west pilots theirs

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:57:22 GMT, Capt Bob wrote:

    > The beyond stupid drunk flight crew on an America West flight were
    > sentenced today. The Pilot got 5 years and the other drunk sitting to
    > his right got 2 1/2years . All through the trial they were 2 arrogant
    > A holes............... They got off light , in my opinion.

    "How do you plead?", the judge asked.

    "Not guilty, your honour!", one replied reaking of liqour.

    "Yeah!", the other added, "We're not as thrunk as you wink the are!"

    ;-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (Chance favours the prepared mind.)

    "Marcel Kuijper"
    > "Yeah!", the other added, "We're not as thrunk as you wink the are!"

    Missen lister, I'm not so much under the affluence of inkahol as some
    thinkle may peep. I've had tee martoonis and a scottle of botch and the
    drunker I sit here the longer I get. So, liss on you pisster, you're not so
    muckin futch.

    Dallas

    That's cute Mr. D

    Mr Steve

    > "Marcel Kuijper"
    >> "Yeah!", the other added, "We're not as thrunk as you wink the are!"
    >
    > Missen lister, I'm not so much under the affluence of inkahol as some
    > thinkle may peep. I've had tee martoonis and a scottle of botch and the
    > drunker I sit here the longer I get. So, liss on you pisster, you're not
    > so
    > muckin futch.
    >
    > Dallas

    > "Marcel Kuijper"
    >> "Yeah!", the other added, "We're not as thrunk as you wink the are!"
    >
    > Missen lister, I'm not so much under the affluence of inkahol as some
    > thinkle may peep. I've had tee martoonis and a scottle of botch and the
    > drunker I sit here the longer I get. So, liss on you pisster, you're not
    > so
    > muckin futch.
    >
    > Dallas

    cuddly Dudley couldnt have said it any better :-) (not you Dudley H)!

    Ian wrote:
    > Good constanoon mister afferble, I'm not as thissed as you pink I am!
    >
    > What ever happened to the well known rule :
    >
    > Eight hours between bottle and throttle!

    Actually, I thought the real rule was:

    Eight hours in the UK.

    24 in the US of A.

    That's what a commercial pilot has told me, anyhow.

    John

    "John ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi Marcel,
    >
    > You're right, mate - and I just watched John Wayne in "The Longest Day"
    > last night.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward

    Speaking of John Wayne, the DVD of THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY will be released
    here on Aug 2. First time it has been available in home video. I watched it
    last Sunday evening on the AMC satellite channel (unfortunately, broken up
    by commercials).

    At the same time, they are releasing the DVD of ISLAND IN THE SKY, another
    one of his movies. It was on AMC last Saturday. I had forgotten all about
    that one, not too bad a movie and a different type story for Wayne.

    Paul

    "Marcel Kuijper"
    > I read that out loud while imitating the voice of John Wayne!
    > Give that a shot and try not to laugh! :-)

    Hey, why don't you send me a .wav file of that.... I'd like to hear you
    doing a John Wayne.

    <g>

    Dallas

    Beech45Whiskey wrote:
    > The Man Behind The Curtain <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Actually, I thought the real rule was:
    >>
    >>Eight hours in the UK.
    >>
    >>24 in the US of A.
    >

    > According to the US Federal Aviation Regulations under part 121 (scheduled
    > air carrier), the official period between alcohol consumption and flying is
    > eight hours. This includes both crewmembers and flight attendants.
    >
    > FAR Sec. 121.458
    > Misuse of alcohol:
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q47E51B7B
    >
    > However, I wonder if this period is greater in the operating procedures set
    > forth by individual airlines. The operating procedures contain rules above
    > and beyond the FARs. I wish Oskar still contributed to this group...

    What happened to him? And what's happened to Fr. Bill?

    John

    Thanks for the tip Paul. It's been many, many years since I last saw it
    and I just added it to my Netflix queue.

    Trip

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:26:02 GMT, The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:

    > Beech45Whiskey wrote:
    >> I wish Oskar still contributed to this group...
    >
    > What happened to him? And what's happened to Fr. Bill?

    Oh they're both extremely busy in the add-on software bizz.
    We're also missing Handsome, who is busy in another field of aviation.

    I'm more worried about Lawn Dart who, to my knowledge, was still struggling
    with her new system.

    We're missing someone else, but for the life of me I can't remember who!
    :-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    Elwood: "It's a 106 miles to Chicago, we've gotta full tank of gas, a half

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:50:44 +0200, Marcel Kuijper
    <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:26:02 GMT, The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:
    >
    >> Beech45Whiskey wrote:
    >>> I wish Oskar still contributed to this group...
    >>
    >> What happened to him? And what's happened to Fr. Bill?
    >
    >Oh they're both extremely busy in the add-on software bizz.
    >We're also missing Handsome, who is busy in another field of aviation.

    First off.. it might not be good to post while drinking 12-oz cans of
    domestic beer, brewed in St. Louis, MO.. perhaps better than Boeing
    jetliner Sim activity.

    Last word from Oskar.. working on Swiss shores, streams, lakes, etc.
    and sent screen caps of home field near Zurich.

    -Gregory

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:10:34 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > Hey, why don't you send me a .wav file of that.... I'd like to hear you
    > doing a John Wayne.
    >
    > <g>

    I knew you'd say that!

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (I've got a baaad feeling about this.....)

    The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:

    >> According to the US Federal Aviation Regulations under part 121
    >> (scheduled
    >> air carrier), the official period between alcohol consumption and
    >> flying is
    >> eight hours. This includes both crewmembers and flight attendants.
    >>
    >> FAR Sec. 121.458
    >> Misuse of alcohol:
    >> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q47E51B7B

    Paul R may be able to help because I can't find it any longer. Army
    bottle to throttle is 12 hours I seem to recall. I'm still looking for
    it in writing. Nowhere in AR95-1 that I can see.

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
    > The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:
    >

    >>> According to the US Federal Aviation Regulations under part 121
    >>> (scheduled
    >>> air carrier), the official period between alcohol consumption and flying
    >>> is
    >>> eight hours. This includes both crewmembers and flight attendants.
    >>>
    >>> FAR Sec. 121.458
    >>> Misuse of alcohol:
    >>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q47E51B7B
    >
    > Paul R may be able to help because I can't find it any longer. Army bottle
    > to throttle is 12 hours I seem to recall. I'm still looking for it in
    > writing. Nowhere in AR95-1 that I can see.
    >
    > --
    >
    > boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Yup,

    My memory is the same as yours boB. Except somewhat older :-) 12 hours no
    alcohol (I have no idea what reg that was in--but we all knew about it) and
    no smoking within 50 feet of an aircraft.

    Of course, there was always someone you would hear say the rule was really
    meant to read no smoking within 12 hours and no drinking within 50 feet of
    the aircraft. The comment was most often made in the club (in Vietnam
    anyway) after a few beers following a VERY long flying day. :-)

    Paul

    Hi The Man Behind The Curtain,

    And also Brian Jones, and that Graphics expert, and Handsome, and

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in message
    > Beech45Whiskey wrote:
    >> The Man Behind The Curtain <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Actually, I thought the real rule was:
    >>>
    >>>Eight hours in the UK.
    >>>
    >>>24 in the US of A.
    >>

    >> According to the US Federal Aviation Regulations under part 121
    >> (scheduled
    >> air carrier), the official period between alcohol consumption and flying
    >> is
    >> eight hours. This includes both crewmembers and flight attendants.
    >>
    >> FAR Sec. 121.458
    >> Misuse of alcohol:
    >> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q47E51B7B
    >>
    >> However, I wonder if this period is greater in the operating procedures
    >> set
    >> forth by individual airlines. The operating procedures contain rules
    >> above
    >> and beyond the FARs. I wish Oskar still contributed to this group...
    >
    > What happened to him? And what's happened to Fr. Bill?
    >

    > John
    >
    > --
    >

    > Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

Games Microsoft Video Games