Kernel32 NLS initialization failed after removing Chinese ..

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 7, 2005 12:05:56 AM

Yesterday, Win98 update suggested a few updates which included some
Chinese language things. After that, the IE Chinese input began showing
up to interfere with my other Richwin Chinese input program. This
afternoon, I went into "Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs" to remove
the Chinese Language supports. Windows then re-started; but since
then I couldn't even start Windows in the safe mode.

The last few lines of the Bootlog.txt indicated :
[00025A8C] initcomplete = Shell
[00025A8D] initcomplete success = Shell
initializing Kernel
Kernel32 NLS initialization failed.

The Windows Blue Screen msg: a fatal exception 0D has occurred at
0167:BFF7BF18. The current application will be terminated....."

What next should/can I do to remedy the problem.

I am using a Toshiba 4010CDT/ Win98SE/ IE5.5.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:06:05 AM

See if the 0D error section here helps:
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/fatlexer.htm