Kernel32 NLS initialization failed after removing Chinese ..

Yesterday, Win98 update suggested a few updates which included some
Chinese language things. After that, the IE Chinese input began showing
up to interfere with my other Richwin Chinese input program. This
afternoon, I went into "Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs" to remove
the Chinese Language supports. Windows then re-started; but since
then I couldn't even start Windows in the safe mode.

The last few lines of the Bootlog.txt indicated :
[00025A8C] initcomplete = Shell
[00025A8D] initcomplete success = Shell
initializing Kernel
Kernel32 NLS initialization failed.

The Windows Blue Screen msg: a fatal exception 0D has occurred at
0167:BFF7BF18. The current application will be terminated....."

What next should/can I do to remedy the problem.

I am using a Toshiba 4010CDT/ Win98SE/ IE5.5.
1 answer Last reply
More about kernel32 initialization failed removing chinese

    See if the 0D error section here helps:
    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/fatlexer.htm

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    <>MS MVP<>Shell/User<>

    <lcheni@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Yesterday, Win98 update suggested a few updates which included some
    > Chinese language things. After that, the IE Chinese input began showing
    > up to interfere with my other Richwin Chinese input program. This
    > afternoon, I went into "Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs" to remove
    > the Chinese Language supports. Windows then re-started; but since
    > then I couldn't even start Windows in the safe mode.
    >
    > The last few lines of the Bootlog.txt indicated :
    > [00025A8C] initcomplete = Shell
    > [00025A8D] initcomplete success = Shell
    > initializing Kernel
    > Kernel32 NLS initialization failed.
    >

    > The Windows Blue Screen msg: a fatal exception 0D has occurred at
    > 0167:BFF7BF18. The current application will be terminated....."
    >
    > What next should/can I do to remedy the problem.
    >
    > I am using a Toshiba 4010CDT/ Win98SE/ IE5.5.

Windows