Lenovo Reveals 4 New Windows 8 Tablets, Ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Damn , could use those beasts as portable streamers/htpc when needed.
Bring us Moaar!

mynameis1

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
great to see lots of vendors providing selection for the consumer, welcome back Microsoft, I am not your biggest fan, but the industry sure needed you.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
The Thinkpad Twist..............why is there a need for it when there's the Thinkpad Tablet 2, with keyboard option
and the Thinkpad X230T

With the X230T and Thinkpad Tablet, I must ask what is the market for such a system?

It also doesn't seem to come with the usual water drainage and strong hinge we come to expect from a true Thinkpad, it is almost a Thinkpad E***T if you may.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I like both the twist and the lynx, though i think i like the twist more, especially because of the price/performance/utility ratio.

I'm not sure how the lynx will perform though, since it's atom based...don't know how the new atoms perform with windows. they do just fine with Android, though...imo the lynx should have been under $450.

Wonder what pen-input options there are for all of them?

As for the yoga tablet and ultrabook, no info on battery life? not too sure how comfortable it'll be with the keyboard at the back...

G

i only need a tablet for reading PDF magazines..... bought a fire kindle hd.. perfect.

tablets are useless for 60% of the customers. just becaus you have everything does not mean you need a tablet.

The ThinkPad Twist looks perfect for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. Up to 8 GB of ram (needed for the phone emulator), decent processor choices, ability to test apps as they'd be used on a tablet and a laptop...some will complain about the resolution, but it's about right for a 12.5" screen where you'll be spending a lot of time using desktop apps (specifically, Visual Studio Express 2012). You'll be in the low-four-digit price range once you get everything you need, but as a business investment, it looks like a smart one.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Though wait, a 12.5 inch is a bit too small for a $850 laptop...[/citation]

The Thinkpad X series cost that much,.
Then again, it's built quality is far more superior than most commercial laptops IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.