Windows Update for foreign languages

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
April 7, 2005 4:13:26 PM

When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates available for
foreign languages and I don't wish to download them...is there a simple way
to prevent these updates from showing up in future "updates"...other than
downloading them?
Don
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 4:29:42 PM

You should find a checkbox allowing you to Hide any given updates, Don.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/n...

Don wrote:
> When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates available
> for foreign languages and I don't wish to download them...is there a
> simple way to prevent these updates from showing up in future
> "updates"...other than downloading them?
> Don
April 7, 2005 5:29:27 PM

"Don" <dmcglynn@alltel.net> wrote in message
> When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates available
> for
> foreign languages and I don't wish to download them...is there a simple
> way
> to prevent these updates from showing up in future "updates"...other than
> downloading them?
> Don

those are not "critical" updates ....only available optional updates ...how
many "critical " updates does it show ?
Related resources
April 7, 2005 6:14:20 PM

OK...found the check boxes under "other options" and "personalize Windows
Update". I seem to remember unchecking these options a long time ago and
somehow they must have become checked again without me knowing it and I
forgot that option was even there.
Thanks PA Bear
Don

> You should find a checkbox allowing you to Hide any given updates, Don.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
>
> Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/n...
>
> Don wrote:
> > When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates available
> > for foreign languages and I don't wish to download them...is there a
> > simple way to prevent these updates from showing up in future
> > "updates"...other than downloading them?
> > Don
April 7, 2005 7:20:54 PM

> OK...found the check boxes under "other options" and "personalize Windows
> Update". I seem to remember unchecking these options a long time ago and
> somehow they must have become checked again without me knowing it and I
> forgot that option was even there.
> Thanks PA Bear
> Don

>> You should find a checkbox allowing you to Hide any given updates, Don.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
>>
>> Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/n...
>>
>> Don wrote:
>> > When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates
>> > available
>> > for foreign languages and I don't wish to download them...is there a
>> > simple way to prevent these updates from showing up in future
>> > "updates"...other than downloading them?
>> > Don

oops , forgot about that option ...(i only take the criticals)
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 4:35:06 PM

YW, Don.

!