Windows Update for foreign languages

When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates available for
foreign languages and I don't wish to download them...is there a simple way
to prevent these updates from showing up in future "updates"...other than
downloading them?
Don
5 answers Last reply
More about windows update foreign languages

    You should find a checkbox allowing you to Hide any given updates, Don.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

    Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx

    "Don" <dmcglynn@alltel.net> wrote in message
    > When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates available
    > for
    > foreign languages and I don't wish to download them...is there a simple
    > way
    > to prevent these updates from showing up in future "updates"...other than
    > downloading them?
    > Don

    those are not "critical" updates ....only available optional updates ...how
    many "critical " updates does it show ?

    OK...found the check boxes under "other options" and "personalize Windows
    Update". I seem to remember unchecking these options a long time ago and
    somehow they must have become checked again without me knowing it and I
    forgot that option was even there.
    Thanks PA Bear
    Don

    > OK...found the check boxes under "other options" and "personalize Windows
    > Update". I seem to remember unchecking these options a long time ago and
    > somehow they must have become checked again without me knowing it and I
    > forgot that option was even there.
    > Thanks PA Bear
    > Don

    >> You should find a checkbox allowing you to Hide any given updates, Don.
    >> --
    >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
    >>
    >> Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx
    >>
    >> Don wrote:
    >> > When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates
    >> > available
    >> > for foreign languages and I don't wish to download them...is there a
    >> > simple way to prevent these updates from showing up in future
    >> > "updates"...other than downloading them?
    >> > Don

    oops , forgot about that option ...(i only take the criticals)

    YW, Don.

    Don wrote:
    > OK...found the check boxes under "other options" and "personalize Windows
    > Update". I seem to remember unchecking these options a long time ago and
    > somehow they must have become checked again without me knowing it and I
    > forgot that option was even there.
    > Thanks PA Bear
    > Don

    > > You should find a checkbox allowing you to Hide any given updates, Don.
    > > --
    > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > > MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
    > >
    > > Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx
    > >
    > > Don wrote:
    > > > When "Windows Update" shows that my W98 SE has 30 some updates
    > > > available for foreign languages and I don't wish to download
    > > > them...is there a simple way to prevent these updates from showing up
    > > > in future "updates"...other than downloading them?
    > > > Don

Download Windows Update Microsoft Windows