Download for fixing Win 98se shutdown hanging?

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
April 8, 2005 7:24:36 AM

I used Windows 98se years ago and I seem to remember some
kind of patch that fixed Windows shutdown problem.
Does anyone know if this patch is still available?
It fixed the problem right away. I have no idea where to
find this patch or what the name of the file is.

Thanks

Nancy
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 10:30:08 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/w...

--
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de

Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
_
"Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I used Windows 98se years ago and I seem to remember some
> kind of patch that fixed Windows shutdown problem.
> Does anyone know if this patch is still available?
> It fixed the problem right away. I have no idea where to
> find this patch or what the name of the file is.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nancy

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 12:10:54 PM

Before applying the Shutdown Supplement, suggest you visit this page,
first.
www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

The Shutdown Supplement *may* fix your shutdown problem, but it may not,
and in either case, it may cause other problems. It's always best to
leave it as a last resort.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I used Windows 98se years ago and I seem to remember some
> kind of patch that fixed Windows shutdown problem.
> Does anyone know if this patch is still available?
> It fixed the problem right away. I have no idea where to
> find this patch or what the name of the file is.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nancy

April 8, 2005 1:50:09 PM

"Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.com> wrote in news:esxvnRBPFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> I used Windows 98se years ago and I seem to remember some
> kind of patch that fixed Windows shutdown problem.
> Does anyone know if this patch is still available?
> It fixed the problem right away. I have no idea where to
> find this patch or what the name of the file is.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nancy

Google "98 shutdown fix download"; 155000 hits in 0.29 seconds.

First one: <http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/W...;
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 4:35:49 PM

Seconded.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/n...

Gary S. Terhune wrote:
> Before applying the Shutdown Supplement, suggest you visit this page,
> first.
> www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>
> The Shutdown Supplement *may* fix your shutdown problem, but it may not,
> and in either case, it may cause other problems. It's always best to
> leave it as a last resort.
>

> "Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I used Windows 98se years ago and I seem to remember some
> > kind of patch that fixed Windows shutdown problem.
> > Does anyone know if this patch is still available?
> > It fixed the problem right away. I have no idea where to
> > find this patch or what the name of the file is.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Nancy
April 8, 2005 5:50:22 PM

third ? <g>

news:o tLiGkFPFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Seconded.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
>
> Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/n...
> Gary S. Terhune wrote:
>> Before applying the Shutdown Supplement, suggest you visit this page,
>> first.
>> www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>>
>> The Shutdown Supplement *may* fix your shutdown problem, but it may not,
>> and in either case, it may cause other problems. It's always best to
>> leave it as a last resort.
>>

>> "Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > I used Windows 98se years ago and I seem to remember some
>> > kind of patch that fixed Windows shutdown problem.
>> > Does anyone know if this patch is still available?
>> > It fixed the problem right away. I have no idea where to
>> > find this patch or what the name of the file is.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Nancy
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 5:50:23 PM

fourth
I have a 98se that has all the problems they supposedly fixed.
The fixes were included in the HP OEM install of June 2000.
I don't know how they determined they were needed.
--
mae

"Haggis" <bingsnapREMOVE@THIShotmail.com> wrote in message news:egQtQsFPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| third ? <g>
|
| "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| news:o tLiGkFPFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| > Seconded.
| > --
| > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| > MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
| >
| > Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
| > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/n...
| > Gary S. Terhune wrote:
| >> Before applying the Shutdown Supplement, suggest you visit this page,
| >> first.
| >> www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
| >>
| >> The Shutdown Supplement *may* fix your shutdown problem, but it may not,
| >> and in either case, it may cause other problems. It's always best to
| >> leave it as a last resort.
| >>

| >> "Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 1:56:37 AM

....and I'll take the fifth.....
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"mae" <agrannie@notemail.msn.com> wrote in message
fourth
I have a 98se that has all the problems they supposedly fixed.
The fixes were included in the HP OEM install of June 2000.
I don't know how they determined they were needed.
--
mae

"Haggis" <bingsnapREMOVE@THIShotmail.com> wrote in message
| third ? <g>
|
| "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| news:o tLiGkFPFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| > Seconded.
| > --
| > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| > MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
| >
| > Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
| > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/n...
| > Gary S. Terhune wrote:
| >> Before applying the Shutdown Supplement, suggest you visit this page,
| >> first.
| >> www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
| >>
| >> The Shutdown Supplement *may* fix your shutdown problem, but it may not,
| >> and in either case, it may cause other problems. It's always best to
| >> leave it as a last resort.
| >>

| >> "Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.com> wrote in message

April 11, 2005 12:05:37 AM

Thank you Pip22
That is exactly what I was looking for!

Nancy
__________________________
"pip22" wrote in message ...

> Here are two links for two different fixes in case one
doesn't work. I
> guess the official Microsoft one is the one to try
first:

> http://tinyurl.com/jeh
>
> or

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid...