can microsoft digital media keyboard 1.0A be used fully wi..

I have a Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 1.0A. I have downloaded
IntelliType 5.2 Pro Software (which seems to be the only software choice for
this keyboard) from the Microsoft site, but it appears to only work for 2000
& XP. Is there any way to get the function buttons (ie favourites buttons,
messenger, volume, etc) on this keyboard to work?
8 answers Last reply
More about microsoft digital media keyboard fully

    Uninstall that version of Intellitype and install this one instead:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b6e929-84c7-4f82-a7fd-0f56e1612f85&DisplayLang=en

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 1.0A. I have downloaded
    > IntelliType 5.2 Pro Software (which seems to be the only software
    choice for
    > this keyboard) from the Microsoft site, but it appears to only work
    for 2000
    > & XP. Is there any way to get the function buttons (ie favourites
    buttons,
    > messenger, volume, etc) on this keyboard to work?

    Thanks Gary, but I have tried several times to d/l & install this and I get a
    currupt archive error each time. Does anyone know where else I might d/l
    this from?

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > Uninstall that version of Intellitype and install this one instead:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b6e929-84c7-4f82-a7fd-0f56e1612f85&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 1.0A. I have downloaded
    > > IntelliType 5.2 Pro Software (which seems to be the only software
    > choice for
    > > this keyboard) from the Microsoft site, but it appears to only work
    > for 2000
    > > & XP. Is there any way to get the function buttons (ie favourites
    > buttons,
    > > messenger, volume, etc) on this keyboard to work?

    Does the corrupt archive error occurs as soon as you execute the
    download, before you've made any other choices? And what is the exact
    wording of that error, anyway?

    I've unpacked the original files and re-zipped them for you.

    If that doesn't help, email me at grystnews@mvps.org

    --

    > Thanks Gary, but I have tried several times to d/l & install this and
    I get a
    > currupt archive error each time. Does anyone know where else I might
    d/l
    > this from?
    >
    > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    >
    > > Uninstall that version of Intellitype and install this one instead:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b6e929-84c7-4f82-a7fd-0f56e1612f85&DisplayLang=en

    > > --
    > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > >
    > > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have a Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 1.0A. I have downloaded
    > > > IntelliType 5.2 Pro Software (which seems to be the only software
    > > choice for
    > > > this keyboard) from the Microsoft site, but it appears to only
    work
    > > for 2000
    > > > & XP. Is there any way to get the function buttons (ie favourites
    > > buttons,
    > > > messenger, volume, etc) on this keyboard to work?

    Sorry. Hears the first link to try. Unzip the contents into a new
    folder, then run Setup.
    http://grystmill.com/shared/IT2.zip

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Gary, but I have tried several times to d/l & install this and
    I get a
    > currupt archive error each time. Does anyone know where else I might
    d/l
    > this from?
    >
    > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    >
    > > Uninstall that version of Intellitype and install this one instead:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b6e929-84c7-4f82-a7fd-0f56e1612f85&DisplayLang=en

    > > --
    > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > >
    > > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have a Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 1.0A. I have downloaded
    > > > IntelliType 5.2 Pro Software (which seems to be the only software
    > > choice for
    > > > this keyboard) from the Microsoft site, but it appears to only
    work
    > > for 2000
    > > > & XP. Is there any way to get the function buttons (ie favourites
    > > buttons,
    > > > messenger, volume, etc) on this keyboard to work?

    Gary...the files, when extracting, are corrupt.

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > Sorry. Hears the first link to try. Unzip the contents into a new
    > folder, then run Setup.
    > http://grystmill.com/shared/IT2.zip
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Gary, but I have tried several times to d/l & install this and
    > I get a
    > > currupt archive error each time. Does anyone know where else I might
    > d/l
    > > this from?
    > >
    > > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Uninstall that version of Intellitype and install this one instead:
    > > >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b6e929-84c7-4f82-a7fd-0f56e1612f85&DisplayLang=en
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    > > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    > > >
    > > > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > choice for
    > work
    > > > for 2000
    > > > buttons,

    Which files? The ones from the archive I posted for you? Or are you
    still talking about the original?

    --

    > Gary...the files, when extracting, are corrupt.
    >
    > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    >
    > > Sorry. Hears the first link to try. Unzip the contents into a new
    > > folder, then run Setup.
    > > http://grystmill.com/shared/IT2.zip
    > >
    > > --
    > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > >
    > > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks Gary, but I have tried several times to d/l & install this
    and
    > > I get a
    > > > currupt archive error each time. Does anyone know where else I
    might
    > > d/l
    > > > this from?

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b6e929-84c7-4f82-a7fd-0f56e1612f85&DisplayLang=en

    > > work

    The one you just posted last.

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > Which files? The ones from the archive I posted for you? Or are you
    > still talking about the original?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Gary...the files, when extracting, are corrupt.
    > >
    > > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Sorry. Hears the first link to try. Unzip the contents into a new
    > > > folder, then run Setup.
    > > > http://grystmill.com/shared/IT2.zip
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    > > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    > > >
    > > > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > and
    > > > I get a
    > might
    > > > d/l

    > instead:
    > > > > >

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b6e929-84c7-4f82-a7fd-0f56e1612f85&DisplayLang=en

    > downloaded
    > software
    > > > work
    > favourites

    Well then you have a problem on your end. It's not the file. Suggest you
    read and apply the procedures from my "Clean Boot" article, link in my
    signature. If it's *still* a problem, then post back here or email me at
    grystnews@mvps.org.

    --

    > The one you just posted last.
    >
    > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    >
    > > Which files? The ones from the archive I posted for you? Or are you
    > > still talking about the original?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > >
    > > "4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Gary...the files, when extracting, are corrupt.

    > > and
    > > might

    > > instead:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b6e929-84c7-4f82-a7fd-0f56e1612f85&DisplayLang=en