Alarm Bells

Finally, someone went looking for the obvious.

'anon', seems you da man.

regards jane
9 answers Last reply
More about alarm bells

    did they scare you off PCR, hope not, you were the only
    one who earned something from me.
    the 'boss' of this group spent more time talking about his
    prized puppies, and he did it with no flak from other mvpss's...
    i guess he is the only one to be allowed to bring his social life
    into a technical n/g and not get berated for it.
    "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message

    > Finally, someone went looking for the obvious.
    >
    > 'anon', seems you da man.
    >
    > regards jane

    You are jane, pros-cons? I don't want to risk arrest for the
    disappearance of Dan by collaborating with you after the fact!
    Otherwise, I am in full agreement with you & cquirke regarding
    requestors. Try going to 800x600, maybe, per Phillipson.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "pros-cons" <pros@cons.com> wrote in message
    | did they scare you off PCR, hope not, you were the only
    | one who earned something from me.
    | the 'boss' of this group spent more time talking about his
    | prized puppies, and he did it with no flak from other mvpss's...
    | i guess he is the only one to be allowed to bring his social life
    | into a technical n/g and not get berated for it.
    | "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    | >
    | > Finally, someone went looking for the obvious.
    | >
    | > 'anon', seems you da man.
    | >
    | > regards jane

    I think it's Wild Bill and Calamity Jane at work here.

    PCR wrote:
    > You are jane, pros-cons? I don't want to risk arrest for the
    > disappearance of Dan by collaborating with you after the fact!
    > Otherwise, I am in full agreement with you & cquirke regarding
    > requestors. Try going to 800x600, maybe, per Phillipson.
    >

    > --
    > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > should things get worse after this,
    > PCR
    > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > "pros-cons" <pros@cons.com> wrote in message
    >> did they scare you off PCR, hope not, you were the only
    >> one who earned something from me.
    >> the 'boss' of this group spent more time talking about his
    >> prized puppies, and he did it with no flak from other mvpss's...
    >> i guess he is the only one to be allowed to bring his social life
    >> into a technical n/g and not get berated for it.
    >> "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Finally, someone went looking for the obvious.
    >>>
    >>> 'anon', seems you da man.
    >>>
    >>> regards jane

    Just some trick shooting, then, & Dan still lives?

    --
    "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    | I think it's Wild Bill and Calamity Jane at work here.
    |
    | PCR wrote:
    | > You are jane, pros-cons? I don't want to risk arrest for the
    | > disappearance of Dan by collaborating with you after the fact!
    | > Otherwise, I am in full agreement with you & cquirke regarding
    | > requestors. Try going to 800x600, maybe, per Phillipson.
    | >

    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > should things get worse after this,
    | > PCR
    | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > "pros-cons" <pros@cons.com> wrote in message
    | >> did they scare you off PCR, hope not, you were the only
    | >> one who earned something from me.
    | >> the 'boss' of this group spent more time talking about his
    | >> prized puppies, and he did it with no flak from other mvpss's...
    | >> i guess he is the only one to be allowed to bring his social life
    | >> into a technical n/g and not get berated for it.
    | >> "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message

    I still live. Just off-line to settle problems with XP SP2 and as you would
    put it the associated radiation of XP SP 2 is really strong. Currently, I am
    working to help minimize the radiation exposure of the future operating
    system in Longhorn. At least my work consists mainly of suggestions and
    ideas and I let the Microsoft programmers do most of the hard stuff as far as
    the actual code exists. Anyway, bye for now PCR and just plain old Dan is
    fine for me. I am no longer afraid --- ticked off -- definately but
    definately not fearful any longer. Peace be with you, PCR
    <friendly smile> <heads quickly for the exit to avoid the wrath of Jane>

    "PCR" wrote:

    > Just some trick shooting, then, & Dan still lives?
    >

    > --
    > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > should things get worse after this,
    > PCR
    > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > | I think it's Wild Bill and Calamity Jane at work here.
    > |
    > | PCR wrote:
    > | > You are jane, pros-cons? I don't want to risk arrest for the
    > | > disappearance of Dan by collaborating with you after the fact!
    > | > Otherwise, I am in full agreement with you & cquirke regarding
    > | > requestors. Try going to 800x600, maybe, per Phillipson.
    > | >

    > | > --
    > | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > | > should things get worse after this,
    > | > PCR
    > | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > | > "pros-cons" <pros@cons.com> wrote in message

    OK. A few days here in Win98 should do you good. But get under the box,
    if you can't fit inside, until jane has simmered a bit!

    --
    | I still live. Just off-line to settle problems with XP SP2 and as you
    would
    | put it the associated radiation of XP SP 2 is really strong.
    Currently, I am
    | working to help minimize the radiation exposure of the future
    operating
    | system in Longhorn. At least my work consists mainly of suggestions
    and
    | ideas and I let the Microsoft programmers do most of the hard stuff as
    far as
    | the actual code exists. Anyway, bye for now PCR and just plain old
    Dan is
    | fine for me. I am no longer afraid --- ticked off -- definately but
    | definately not fearful any longer. Peace be with you, PCR
    | <friendly smile> <heads quickly for the exit to avoid the wrath of
    Jane>

    | "PCR" wrote:
    |
    | > Just some trick shooting, then, & Dan still lives?
    | >

    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > should things get worse after this,
    | > PCR
    | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    | > | I think it's Wild Bill and Calamity Jane at work here.
    | > |

    | > |
    | > |

    > OK. A few days here in Win98 should do you good. But get under the box,
    > if you can't fit inside, until jane has simmered a bit!

    hi PCR good buddy,,,,,
    i had to laugh at how quick danny dropped in when his name
    got mentioned........ how is ya dan me boy?

    janey is more than simmered pcr, belly is still full of laughter.
    as for 'calamity', carn' bill, i wasnt that much of a doris-day was I?

    North Bridge - South Bridge.
    was reading tonight where it said:::::
    "The North Bridge determines what type of CPU and RAM the PC can have"
    Just how does this work when building a comp?
    I would have thought the cpu determines what north bridge is
    compatable, but now i'm not so sure..... can you fill me in using
    laymans terms pcr?

    hey, finally got my 512ram..... in fact, i've got my old 256 stick
    sitting on my table in front of me to 'up' the Ram some more if
    i desire..... but for now i'll just keep it in an anti-stat bag til
    needed. (may even lend/give it to pam to help out a little)
    (guess what the price for the 512 stick was)

    janey

    jane wrote:
    > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> OK. A few days here in Win98 should do you good. But get under the box,
    >> if you can't fit inside, until jane has simmered a bit!
    >

    > hi PCR good buddy,,,,,
    > i had to laugh at how quick danny dropped in when his name
    > got mentioned........ how is ya dan me boy?
    >
    > janey is more than simmered pcr, belly is still full of laughter.
    > as for 'calamity', carn' bill, i wasnt that much of a doris-day was I?

    LOL! You know, I think you're right - she was the one that starred in
    that, wasn't she? (of all people) It's been a LONG time. :-)

    | > OK. A few days here in Win98 should do you good. But get under the
    box,
    | > if you can't fit inside, until jane has simmered a bit!
    |

    | hi PCR good buddy,,,,,
    | i had to laugh at how quick danny dropped in when his name
    | got mentioned........ how is ya dan me boy?
    |
    | janey is more than simmered pcr, belly is still full of laughter.
    | as for 'calamity', carn' bill, i wasnt that much of a doris-day was I?
    |
    | North Bridge - South Bridge.
    | was reading tonight where it said:::::
    | "The North Bridge determines what type of CPU and RAM the PC can have"
    | Just how does this work when building a comp?
    | I would have thought the cpu determines what north bridge is
    | compatable, but now i'm not so sure..... can you fill me in using
    | laymans terms pcr?

    Nope. I've been in my box & never saw a bridge going in any direction
    over the river. But the river does go East-West.

    | hey, finally got my 512ram..... in fact, i've got my old 256 stick
    | sitting on my table in front of me to 'up' the Ram some more if
    | i desire..... but for now i'll just keep it in an anti-stat bag
    til
    | needed. (may even lend/give it to pam to help out a little)
    | (guess what the price for the 512 stick was)

    I paid $39.95 for 128 MB of 100MHz SDRAM in 2001,
    & $79.98 for 256 MB of 100MHz SDRAM in 2002.

    So, I'm sure you paid... better be... $159.99.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,