More Fake Microsoft Security Update Emails Likely !

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
a b 8 Security
April 8, 2005 1:55:51 PM

Here we go again!!

Sophos's spam labs have intercepted an email campaign
intended to direct innocent computer users to a bogus website
(which I have NO intention of identifying),
posing as Microsoft's official website for critical security patches.

You can read the details here

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/fakemsupdate.h...

Here is what is actually being released on April 12, 2005

Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/adva...
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 9, 2005 10:25:05 PM

Thanks Hugh and keep us informed. These bad people are getting smarter by
the minute. I have been a target of identity theft but as God is my witness
the bad people will fail because cancer tried to get me twice but it failed
after I received first radiation and the second time chemotherapy and that is
why I am hyper sometimes on this newsgroup. Please say hello to Gary S.
Terhune and Chris Quirke and see my new post about how the hackers destroyed
XP SP2 with NTFS and were unable to hack my seperate 98 Second Edition which
has a fully customized registry, boot.ini, autoexec.bat, config.sys, etc. and
is on a seperate C: drive and does everyone see now why 98SSE reigns supreme
with its 9x source code as compared to the NT (New Technology aka Not There)
source code as Chris Quirke, MVP has so enlightened me with his wonderful
website. Have a nice day and please say hello to Gary S. Terhune and Chris
Quirke if you have a chance. Sorry for using the Internet instead of Outlook
Express but I needed to go off-line for security overhaul and currently
Microsoft is going to set me up with full protection that I need to be able
to do secure source code testing for Longhorn which is due in 2007. Have a
great day! Dan W.

!