right click question

When I right click on a file icon, I get a pull down menu with a lot of
choices - where is the "folder" that contains all of the choices - there is
one I wish to remove.

The choices are quick view, open with, open, quick view, etc. (this is not
the sendto folder.) Note that quick view is in there TWICE and I want to
remove one of them.
5 answers Last reply
More about right click question

    "ContextEdit", Version 1.2, in it's own words:
    ............Start.............
    ContextEdit lets you control which items appear on your context
    menu--the menu that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows
    Explorer. The context menu often contains numerous rarely-used commands.
    These commands come from one of two places: shell commands stored within
    the system Registry, and context menu handlers. The source of the menu
    item is transparent to the end-user, but still has an impact. Windows
    Explorer lets you add or remove simple shell commands, but gives you no
    control over context menu handlers. ContextEdit lets you control both
    types of context menu items. It also allows you to disable context menu
    items without removing them entirely. Another unique feature is the
    ability to add shell commands to all files regardless of type, or to all
    files without an associated program.
    ...........End...............

    http://www.pcmag.com/ Has many, many great utilities: BHOCop, COA2,
    ContextEdit, Crackup, DiskAction, EndItAll2, Folders, HDValet, InCtrl5,
    ListZapper, RegDetective, RegEdit+, StartupCop, WinTidy, etc. Now,
    suddenly, there is a subscription fee at PCMag, but, it's worth it,
    especially if you can get the whole bundle that is there.

    ..........Start..................
    Yearly billing $19.97
    Yearly billing (For PC Magazine subscribers) $14.97
    Monthly billing (limit 3 downloads/month) $4.97
    ..........End...................

    You may try Google, but do you really want to download from any odd
    site?
    http://www.google.com/

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "Anon" <a_none_mous_e@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | When I right click on a file icon, I get a pull down menu with a lot
    of
    | choices - where is the "folder" that contains all of the choices -
    there is
    | one I wish to remove.
    |
    | The choices are quick view, open with, open, quick view, etc. (this is
    not
    | the sendto folder.) Note that quick view is in there TWICE and I want
    | remove one of them.

    See inline questions
    > "ContextEdit", Version 1.2, in it's own words:
    > ...........Start.............
    > ContextEdit lets you control which items appear on your context
    > menu--the menu that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows
    > Explorer. The context menu often contains numerous rarely-used commands.
    > These commands come from one of two places: shell commands stored within
    > the system Registry,

    **
    Where in the registry - and what do the "commands" look like?
    **

    and context menu handlers.

    ***
    Where are these located - and what do the "commands" look like?
    ***

    The source of the menu
    > item is transparent to the end-user, but still has an impact. Windows
    > Explorer lets you add or remove simple shell commands, but gives you no
    > control over context menu handlers.

    ***
    Does this mean that I cannot change any of these???
    ***

    ContextEdit lets you control both
    > types of context menu items. It also allows you to disable context menu
    > items without removing them entirely.

    ***
    How and where do I do this?
    **

    Another unique feature is the
    > ability to add shell commands

    **
    I have hear of "shell commands" before, but again how do *I* make any
    changes in the shell commands (and where are the changes made?)
    ***

    Anon wrote:

    > ContextEdit lets you control both
    >> types of context menu items. It also allows you to disable context
    >> menu items without removing them entirely.

    > How and where do I do this?

    You could do it in the registry. I'd suggest you dump that thought and
    do it with the program (ContextEdit)
    http://www.ramlende.com/utilities.html

    _____________________

    > Another unique feature is the
    >> ability to add shell commands

    > I have hear of "shell commands" before, but again how do *I* make any
    > changes in the shell commands (and where are the changes made?)

    FastExplorer
    http://thesoftpro.tripod.com/downloads/fe/index.htm
    There is no "help" so read the link to Shell reference under "Hot Links"

    More info on both in my dandies (see below)

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    It's just an introduction, but it should get you started -

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/context.asp

    Extending Shortcut Menus

    "Right-clicking an object on Microsoft Windows 95 and later systems usually
    pops up a shortcut menu. This menu contains a list of commands that the user
    can select to perform various actions on the object. This section is an
    introduction to shortcut menus for file system objects."

> [...]
    >>
    >> You may try Google, but do you really want to download from any odd
    >> site?
    >> http://www.google.com/
    >>

    >> --
    >> Thanks or Good Luck,
    >> There may be humor in this post, and,
    >> Naturally, you will not sue,
    >> should things get worse after this,
    >> PCR
    >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
    >> "Anon" <a_none_mous_e@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> | When I right click on a file icon, I get a pull down menu with a lot
    >> of
    >> | choices - where is the "folder" that contains all of the choices -
    >> there is
    >> | one I wish to remove.
    >> |
    >> | The choices are quick view, open with, open, quick view, etc. (this is
    >> not
    >> | the sendto folder.) Note that quick view is in there TWICE and I want

    It looks like dadiOH came up with an alternative place to get
    ContextEdit, as well as an alternative app. I tend to agree with him
    about the complexities involved, but Richards has an URL that may afford
    an explanation of it. Maybe Richards is different, but before I engage
    into intensive study to solve your duplicate QuikView, I'll want to know
    the apps didn't easily solve it first.

    Do you see two of them at...?...

    "START, Settings, Folder Options, File Types tab"

    ....is likely the first thing Richards will want to know.

    --
> [...]
    | >
    | > .........Start..................
    | > Yearly billing $19.97
    | > Yearly billing (For PC Magazine subscribers) $14.97
    | > Monthly billing (limit 3 downloads/month) $4.97
    | > .........End...................
    | >
    | > You may try Google, but do you really want to download from any odd
    | > site?
    | > http://www.google.com/
    | >

    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > should things get worse after this,
    | > PCR
    | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > "Anon" <a_none_mous_e@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > | When I right click on a file icon, I get a pull down menu with a
    lot
    | > of
    | > | choices - where is the "folder" that contains all of the choices -
    | > |
    | > | The choices are quick view, open with, open, quick view, etc.
    (this is
    | > not
    | > | the sendto folder.) Note that quick view is in there TWICE and I
    want
    | > | remove one of them.
    | > |
    | > |