Sub 100$ Case recommendation

MRaingod

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Hello i currently looking at getting a new Computer Case. Right now i have a Cooler Master Cavalier 3 and find it way to small. My HDs and expansion slot cards get in each other ways to its extremly hard to remove either of them. Also i just don't have any remove to expand.

I was looking at a case which would be under 100$ Canadian, preferbaly without a PS since i allready have a good one, a Cooler Master Real Power 450 and quite big.

I was looking at the Raidmax X1, i really like how the HD's are mounted side ways which should solve my problem.

So all suggestions are welcome

MRaingod

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Nice looking case, reminds me of the Antec p180 which i was interested in expect that it cost way to much. I look at the review of it and have 2 potential problems. First that my power Supply cord is to short and second is that i have the Zalman CNPS7700-Cu HSF and its huge and that it wouldn't fit in the air tunnel.

MRaingod

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Would it be possible to get Extention cables for the PS, cause i do not have the money to buy another good PS.

MRaingod

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
No not that case, i allready have a Cooler Master Cavalier 3 and the Centurion 5 looks to have the same interior. Acctualy i just check and its dimensions are acctually smaller.

Been looking at the Cases on NCIX.com, that where i will be ordering since i can get free shipping. Right now here are the cases that i have pick out.

- Thermaltake Swing VB6000BNS
- Raidmax X1
- ANTEC SLK3700BQE
- Antec SLK3800B
- AeroCool Spiral Galaxies

chocobocorey

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
get the antec superlan boy for $76. it is really lightweight and comes with 2 120mm fans built in and no power supply. plus it looks good

ChoadNamath

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
No not that case, i allready have a Cooler Master Cavalier 3 and the Centurion 5 looks to have the same interior. Acctualy i just check and its dimensions are acctually smaller.

Been looking at the Cases on NCIX.com, that where i will be ordering since i can get free shipping. Right now here are the cases that i have pick out.

- Thermaltake Swing VB6000BNS
- Raidmax X1
- ANTEC SLK3700BQE
- Antec SLK3800B
- AeroCool Spiral Galaxies

I would recommend NOT getting the Antec SLK3700BQE. I have one, and it's nothing special. It comes with a 350W PSU, and mine died less than a year after I got the case. It just exploded in the middle of a game of CS. Also, the cooling isn't that great as it comes with only one fan. I've had some trouble with my video card overheating and resetting. You could add a second fan to the front, but it's still not that great. The front door is REALLY cheap plastic and could very easily break off.