coolbits limit for overclock? + 6200 AGP slim board vmod

HourofDarkness

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
hey guys, new to the forum but not new to computer ^_^
im having problem with coolbits, well its not really a problem, its just that the overclock is way lower than normal.

i have a 6200 AGP NV44a card from 3DFuzion (BFG branch), the one with slim board, 2 rams on the right going horizonal and VGA connector not-on-board and connected with cable, something like this http://aopen.jp/products/vga/images/6200-dv128lp-agp.gif
its quite a unique design

anyways. the card's stock is 350/400, and the best i can get is 401/500 using coolbits. i havent tried other softwares coz i want to stick with coolbits, since its just a plugin not an actual software.

i saw people getting as high as 470 and 600 but my card is capped at 401/500, no artifact, runs fairly cool at 30/37 with my custom fan blowing right on it.

whenever i tried to raise it more, and click "test settings", coolbits will pop up a little thing telling me that the card cant handle the test. WTF? and then i went back to 401/500 and ran the test again, same thing. the card couldnt handle the test i just handled a minute ago?

so i thought that there might be a little something with coolbits, like a overclock limit or something like that. im not getting any artifacts with 401/500, and not running hot either. how come i cant reach a higher clock?

okay one more thing: i searched for volt mods, but those are all for full-sized boards. mine's a slim board. i thought that i might be able to push it higher with a volt mod. anyone here has a slim 6200 who's done a volt mod?

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
coolbits sucks for testing. i use ati tool to stress my 6600gt for artifacts, then i use coolbits to set the clock for windows lol.. too lazy for atitool profiles

TRENDING THREADS