Yonah 3.4GHz breaks 19k 3D Mark 05 Air-cooled CrossFire

Hale73

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3561

Insanely fast!! Maybe Conroe can break the 20K barrier too. How can that be?

Did Intel abandoned their NetBurst architecture??

Maybe I'm skipping my new computer scheduled next which is based on K8 and move it on October when conroe comes out. But which is superior when it come to 64bit apps and OS, Conroe or "AMD's award winning" 64biit architecture? EMT64 did not shine that very much vs. Athlon64s.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

Maybe I'm skipping my new computer scheduled next which is based on K8 and move it on October when conroe comes out. But which is superior when it come to 64bit apps and OS, Conroe or "AMD's award winning" 64biit architecture? EMT64 did not shine that very much vs. Athlon64s.

Hmm.....why????????? :roll: :roll:

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002

Hmm.....why????????? :roll: :roll:

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

Confucius say: Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Yes Conroe does not use Netburst. Its like based off the Pentium M wich itself was based off the Pentium 3 :) so how cool is that ? lol
P3 pwns. He's talking about a Core Duo laptop chip; not a Conroe.

I know he is talking about Core Duo but he also asked about Conroe...

"Insanely fast!! Maybe Conroe can break the 20K barrier too. How can that be? "

Hale73

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
I'm more interested about the conroe. BTW does AM2 based on K8 with just DDR2 support stapled on it? Conroe will be using EMT64 right? But which 64bit computing is better AMD's 64bit or EMT64. AMD's 64bit architecture is way much better and more mature than Intel's EMT64. Would this be a bottleneck or loosing point for conroe?

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
from what I've heard Intel has pretty well ironed out all the bugs in the Conroe processor and are working on ironing the bugs in the 64bit aspect of it, which they have not worked on developing quite yet. I expect for them to improve their design in 64bit as well. We can only wait and see. :)

The old EM64T sucked, no doubt about that. But who uses 64bit anyway? I don't.

Manwe

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
we've gone far away from the discussion man purpose

anyways . i'm an AMD fan so i prefer the 3500+ against the Presscot 6XX series for many reasons , most of all is the internal memory controller and AMD K8 overclockability ,
anyways about the EMT64

i thought they've got many diffrences , but infact they are same . intel used AMD64 technology as you can see old versions of CPUZ will detect intelprocessor as a AMD64 included processor and in case of performance they're both performing well in 64bit era . i've read an article about the performance diffrences in 64 bit game patches between AMD and intel that article in AMD zone have showed me that both are the same . believe me intel used AMD technology with a diffrent name and that it .
conroe's got a great performance advantage over AMD current technology and socket AM2 will bring nothing for AMD . cause of lack of latancy in DDRII technology . we shall wait to see the 65nm AMD processors if they can beat AMD , AMD will survive , otherwise AMD will become a legend like beloved 3DFX.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
I'm more interested about the conroe. BTW does AM2 based on K8 with just DDR2 support stapled on it? Conroe will be using EMT64 right? But which 64bit computing is better AMD's 64bit or EMT64. AMD's 64bit architecture is way much better and more mature than Intel's EMT64. Would this be a bottleneck or loosing point for conroe?

This was one of the firsts in the industry, Intel had to license the tech from AMD, though there are a few differences in the actual instruction set. We have seen no data between and AMD 64 and Conroe running in 64 bit mode, we will probably get it when official benches come out.

Jack

Yes that is correct AMD didn't follow their own specs and Intel did that is why Windows XP x86-64 did not work on Intel based machines till MS patched it. As to why they differ I don't honestly know why AMD deviated from the initial x86-64 specs.