shadowjagans

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
my friend asked me jus yesterday that the usb his friends gave him isnt working but his cousin's one is working just fine, becoz he lives so far, i couldnt check his computer out, i need som advice, heres what i thought up of:

is it bcoz his OS is too old (Windows Me) and doesnt hav the Plug and Play feature like Windows Xp Pro?

is it bcoz his motherboard is too old (his computer is like 7yrs+ old lol) and doesnt support USB 2.0?

well the USB drives r NOT damaged and works fine with my computer so nothin to say there, so....GIMME SOM ADVICE =]

Beadan

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
Ok, first off, what did your friend recieve? A usb??? Flash drive, keyboard, mouse, extention, coffie maker? Next, a usb 2.0 device will work on a usb 1.1 port, its backward compatible, but it won't be as fast. About the motherboard being 7yrs+, if it has usb it will work. Just cheack in your bios if its activated. I can't remember if WinME is P&P, but is should detect it anyway, u will maby just need some drivers. If you say the divice works fine, then it should work. Other wise the motherboards South Bridge is maby damgaged. There I can't help. Let me know if you need anything els...

Beadan

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
... if u say so. But I think that u don't even have usb if that is really your system... But to bo blunt, I have a usb coffie maker, it plugs in the usb and a second one but its more like an extention... But go ahead. And enstaid of missing the point of helping this guy, you go...

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
... if u say so. But I think that u don't even have usb if that is really your system... But to bo blunt, I have a usb coffie maker, it plugs in the usb and a second one but its more like an extention... But go ahead. And enstaid of missing the point of helping this guy, you go...
I'm sorry if I made you cry. :(

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Can't think of any insults in English? To "bo blunt" it's not my fault you act like a 14 year old. My first post was in jest, then you got all defensive. I really did mean it when I said I'm sorry if I made you cry. 8)