shadowjagans

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
since i hav a new computer, my old computer is basically lying there, so i was thiking...hell y not mod my old computer case since it looks so gay lol
so anyone got som case mods to make my old case look good?
i dont hav a picture of my case rite now, so maybe i'll post a site of wat my case looks like later

ProdigyMS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
The only thing that would be worth doing would be to mod it yourself. IE: using a dremel and cutting out your own designs or graphics on it. I wouldn't spend any money on the old case if your never going to use it for anything. I would only spend money modding a case if it was your primary rig.

shadowjagans

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
nah its jus that i havnt modded anything b4, so i wana try it out on my old comp, i mean its not toally useless, it can still play games and stuff (might sell it at a swap meet) and my new computer is basically with a mad lookin case anyways :D

jap0nes

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
if you think it's gay, then paint it pink and put some barbie stickers, pink neon/fans. cut a heart shaped windows on it's side, stuff like that

shadowjagans

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
lawl, might jus do that, wats the thing they use for cutting holes into computer cases, dremel? and wat kind of screen do they use for the clear windows? and well....maybe i'll skip those barbie stickers....

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
if you think it's gay, then paint it pink and put some barbie stickers, pink neon/fans. cut a heart shaped windows on it's side, stuff like that
I think he should paint it rainbow and then cut a d!ck shaped window if he thinks it looks so gay.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I think he should paint it rainbow and then cut a d!ck shaped window if he thinks it looks so gay.

Or maybe lips and aho.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
since i hav a new computer, my old computer is basically lying there, so i was thiking...hell y not mod my old computer case since it looks so gay lol
so anyone got som case mods to make my old case look good?
i dont hav a picture of my case rite now, so maybe i'll post a site of wat my case looks like later

If you really want to go for it, step back and decide on the big picture aspect. What is the theme you want to work? Once you have that concept in mind, it will be more obvious what components of the mod you'll need to work on. If you just decide to do a mod without having some kind of focus, you'll end up with a disjointed gay rig.

mOeness86

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
and which type do i go for ?
i heard that it may be better to apply a coat ot black paint in the beginning ( i dunno y) .. is that true ?

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
and which type do i go for ?
i heard that it may be better to apply a coat ot black paint in the beginning ( i dunno y) .. is that true ?

The real problem with trying to put on a mirror coat is dust. So even if you do a perfect surface prep and put down a perfect primer (which I would recommend) a little dust during the mirror coat will show up like a sore thumb. I put a fake copper metallic paint on the interior of my case and to keep dust down, I put up a plastic tarp sort of like a tent, then a little while before painting the case, I sprayed paint into the tent from up near the ceiling. That helps to knock down the dust and also glues it to the floor (which I had covered with newspaper). It worked like a charm and the inside of my case is shiny as a baby's butt.