problems with Spool32 invalid page fault at startup -modul..

Hi
I have been having this problem since installing my only printer-brother
HL1440--got this to rid myself of an older Lexmark ink jet.
I have tried many things--deleted printer driver--downloaded must
current driver--switched to the HP II driver, all to no avail.

Naturally Brother sees it as a Windows problem and it may well be.

I am looking for ideas short of fdisk and format...

If anyone has experienced this, I would appreciate any input.

Thanks
Herm

How to Troubleshoot Spool32 Error Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191949

The Ultimate Windows Spool32 FAQ
http://www.starkreality.com/~callen/spool32.htm
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

glee wrote:

> How to Troubleshoot Spool32 Error Messages
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191949
>
> The Ultimate Windows Spool32 FAQ
> http://www.starkreality.com/~callen/spool32.htm
Thank You for the post.
I did not have any luck with the 2nd Microsoft solution--new print
driver..raw..directly to the printer, etc.
Funny thing is that there is not even a lexmark printer on the system
anymore but, in the few times a module is mentioned it references a
lexmark dll.... I deleted references to the DLL in the registry...now
the only error is in Module Unknown!

The spool32 ultimate site is wonderful! I will re-extract the spool32
file tonight...I can just see it now--"you have performed an illegal
operation'--imagine using a 7 year old file after you/we have updated 98
to current levels"! Chances are....

Thanks again,
Joe

Yes, Joe, the Spool32 FAQ has long been a favourite of mine. There should be no
worries as far as extracting spool32.exe....the original version for your OS should
also be the latest version needed.

Exactly what Lexmark file was named in your error messages? When you removed the
Lexmark printer, did you uninstall any and all Lexmark software, through Add\Remove
Programs?
--

glee wrote:
> Yes, Joe, the Spool32 FAQ has long been a favourite of mine. There should be no
> worries as far as extracting spool32.exe....the original version for your OS should
> also be the latest version needed.
>
> Exactly what Lexmark file was named in your error messages? When you removed the
> Lexmark printer, did you uninstall any and all Lexmark software, through Add\Remove
> Programs?
Well, $ad ending!
I did all that I could find--re-extracted, reinstalling printer driver,
used an alternate HP II driver and was up against it. I knew this junk
had happened after a virus infection and removal. Had to bite the bullet
and call Microsoft.
The virus guy and I spent two hours going through all his stuff--which I
had already done...except, to look at the browser helper objects in the
registry where he/we found two problems. Deleted them but still had the
problem! Hence, the incident turned into the $35 type and the next W98
tech said, 'Hey, just reload the driver again' to which I responded--'I
am bored doing that'. So, I did and the problem has not returned!!! Been
two days now and all is OK. Now that I wrote this I am sure the problem
will return! Total on phone time=3.5 hours! Worth it? yes.

The virus tech also turned me on to a very good spyware site--
www.spywaredata.com Lottsa stuff going on there.

Temporarily, all is well that ends well!!

You know I had done almost all that the MSoft tech guys did and most or
a lot of it came from this post and I appreciate the help.

Sometimes we have to say 'uncle' I guess.

Thanks
Herm

Glad to hear it's working, even at a cost & odd as it is you had to
reinstall drivers twice.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,

PCR wrote:

> Glad to hear it's working, even at a cost & odd as it is you had to
> reinstall drivers twice.

Well, I agree, but, like you say, it is worth it.
I also learne dabout th espyware site which offsets some of the cost for me.
Thanks for taking the time to post.
Herm

Glad to hear you resolved the problem....sorry it cost you $35. So, do you
currently have the Lexmark printer driver installed, but no Lexmark printer attached
to the system, or were you able to uninstall the Lexmark driver after all was done?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Papa Joe" <x-privat@delmarny.us> wrote in message
> glee wrote:
> > Yes, Joe, the Spool32 FAQ has long been a favourite of mine. There should be no
> > worries as far as extracting spool32.exe....the original version for your OS
should
> > also be the latest version needed.
> >
> > Exactly what Lexmark file was named in your error messages? When you removed
the
> > Lexmark printer, did you uninstall any and all Lexmark software, through
Add\Remove
> > Programs?
> Well, $ad ending!
> I did all that I could find--re-extracted, reinstalling printer driver,
> used an alternate HP II driver and was up against it. I knew this junk
> had happened after a virus infection and removal. Had to bite the bullet
> and call Microsoft.
> The virus guy and I spent two hours going through all his stuff--which I
> had already done...except, to look at the browser helper objects in the
> registry where he/we found two problems. Deleted them but still had the
> problem! Hence, the incident turned into the $35 type and the next W98
> tech said, 'Hey, just reload the driver again' to which I responded--'I
> am bored doing that'. So, I did and the problem has not returned!!! Been
> two days now and all is OK. Now that I wrote this I am sure the problem
> will return! Total on phone time=3.5 hours! Worth it? yes.
>
> The virus tech also turned me on to a very good spyware site--
> www.spywaredata.com Lottsa stuff going on there.
>
> Temporarily, all is well that ends well!!
>
> You know I had done almost all that the MSoft tech guys did and most or
> a lot of it came from this post and I appreciate the help.
>
> Sometimes we have to say 'uncle' I guess.
>
> Thanks
> Herm

You are welcome. You did well, really, with the expense.