problems with Spool32 invalid page fault at startup -modul..

Hi
I have been having this problem since installing my only printer-brother
HL1440--got this to rid myself of an older Lexmark ink jet.
I have tried many things--deleted printer driver--downloaded must
current driver--switched to the HP II driver, all to no avail.

Naturally Brother sees it as a Windows problem and it may well be.

I am looking for ideas short of fdisk and format...

If anyone has experienced this, I would appreciate any input.

Thanks
Herm
8 answers Last reply
More about problems spool32 invalid page fault startup modul

    How to Troubleshoot Spool32 Error Messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191949

    The Ultimate Windows Spool32 FAQ
    http://www.starkreality.com/~callen/spool32.htm
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    glee wrote:

    > How to Troubleshoot Spool32 Error Messages
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191949
    >
    > The Ultimate Windows Spool32 FAQ
    > http://www.starkreality.com/~callen/spool32.htm
    Thank You for the post.
    I did not have any luck with the 2nd Microsoft solution--new print
    driver..raw..directly to the printer, etc.
    Funny thing is that there is not even a lexmark printer on the system
    anymore but, in the few times a module is mentioned it references a
    lexmark dll.... I deleted references to the DLL in the registry...now
    the only error is in Module Unknown!

    The spool32 ultimate site is wonderful! I will re-extract the spool32
    file tonight...I can just see it now--"you have performed an illegal
    operation'--imagine using a 7 year old file after you/we have updated 98
    to current levels"! Chances are....

    Thanks again,
    Joe

    Yes, Joe, the Spool32 FAQ has long been a favourite of mine. There should be no
    worries as far as extracting spool32.exe....the original version for your OS should
    also be the latest version needed.

    Exactly what Lexmark file was named in your error messages? When you removed the
    Lexmark printer, did you uninstall any and all Lexmark software, through Add\Remove
    Programs?
    --

    glee wrote:
    > Yes, Joe, the Spool32 FAQ has long been a favourite of mine. There should be no
    > worries as far as extracting spool32.exe....the original version for your OS should
    > also be the latest version needed.
    >
    > Exactly what Lexmark file was named in your error messages? When you removed the
    > Lexmark printer, did you uninstall any and all Lexmark software, through Add\Remove
    > Programs?
    Well, $ad ending!
    I did all that I could find--re-extracted, reinstalling printer driver,
    used an alternate HP II driver and was up against it. I knew this junk
    had happened after a virus infection and removal. Had to bite the bullet
    and call Microsoft.
    The virus guy and I spent two hours going through all his stuff--which I
    had already done...except, to look at the browser helper objects in the
    registry where he/we found two problems. Deleted them but still had the
    problem! Hence, the incident turned into the $35 type and the next W98
    tech said, 'Hey, just reload the driver again' to which I responded--'I
    am bored doing that'. So, I did and the problem has not returned!!! Been
    two days now and all is OK. Now that I wrote this I am sure the problem
    will return! Total on phone time=3.5 hours! Worth it? yes.

    The virus tech also turned me on to a very good spyware site--
    www.spywaredata.com Lottsa stuff going on there.

    Temporarily, all is well that ends well!!

    You know I had done almost all that the MSoft tech guys did and most or
    a lot of it came from this post and I appreciate the help.

    Sometimes we have to say 'uncle' I guess.

    Thanks
    Herm

    Glad to hear it's working, even at a cost & odd as it is you had to
    reinstall drivers twice.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,

    PCR wrote:

    > Glad to hear it's working, even at a cost & odd as it is you had to
    > reinstall drivers twice.

    Well, I agree, but, like you say, it is worth it.
    I also learne dabout th espyware site which offsets some of the cost for me.
    Thanks for taking the time to post.
    Herm

    Glad to hear you resolved the problem....sorry it cost you $35. So, do you
    currently have the Lexmark printer driver installed, but no Lexmark printer attached
    to the system, or were you able to uninstall the Lexmark driver after all was done?
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Papa Joe" <x-privat@delmarny.us> wrote in message
    > glee wrote:
    > > Yes, Joe, the Spool32 FAQ has long been a favourite of mine. There should be no
    > > worries as far as extracting spool32.exe....the original version for your OS
    should
    > > also be the latest version needed.
    > >
    > > Exactly what Lexmark file was named in your error messages? When you removed
    the
    > > Lexmark printer, did you uninstall any and all Lexmark software, through
    Add\Remove
    > > Programs?
    > Well, $ad ending!
    > I did all that I could find--re-extracted, reinstalling printer driver,
    > used an alternate HP II driver and was up against it. I knew this junk
    > had happened after a virus infection and removal. Had to bite the bullet
    > and call Microsoft.
    > The virus guy and I spent two hours going through all his stuff--which I
    > had already done...except, to look at the browser helper objects in the
    > registry where he/we found two problems. Deleted them but still had the
    > problem! Hence, the incident turned into the $35 type and the next W98
    > tech said, 'Hey, just reload the driver again' to which I responded--'I
    > am bored doing that'. So, I did and the problem has not returned!!! Been
    > two days now and all is OK. Now that I wrote this I am sure the problem
    > will return! Total on phone time=3.5 hours! Worth it? yes.
    >
    > The virus tech also turned me on to a very good spyware site--
    > www.spywaredata.com Lottsa stuff going on there.
    >
    > Temporarily, all is well that ends well!!
    >
    > You know I had done almost all that the MSoft tech guys did and most or
    > a lot of it came from this post and I appreciate the help.
    >
    > Sometimes we have to say 'uncle' I guess.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Herm

    You are welcome. You did well, really, with the expense.

    --
    | PCR wrote:
    |
    | > Glad to hear it's working, even at a cost & odd as it is you had to
    | > reinstall drivers twice.
    | >

    | Well, I agree, but, like you say, it is worth it.
    | I also learne dabout th espyware site which offsets some of the cost
    for me.
    | Thanks for taking the time to post.
    | Herm

Brother Windows