Closed

wsock32.dll - winsocket 2 update - DUN 1.4 - App files

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 13, 2005 8:53:03 PM

I updated Windows 95 (4.00.950a) with DUN 1.4 and Winsocket 2 as required by
a new isp (Netzero) that I wanted to try. Now my browser (Opera 7.54) will
not recognize my internet connection. I get an error message that says
"Failed to intialize WinSock.DLL and/or Wsock32.dll. Continuing in stand
alone mode".

Any ideas as to what I can try next?

Also, when I check the app. files (winsock.dll and wsock32.dll) with "find"
they show up but the same files do not show up when I switch to Windows
Explorer. Could someone please take the time to explain to me why this is
happening?

Thanks,
Yeto
April 17, 2005 7:24:02 AM

Sorry, Microsoft currently supports 98 first edition and later

"Yeto" wrote:

> I updated Windows 95 (4.00.950a) with DUN 1.4 and Winsocket 2 as required by
> a new isp (Netzero) that I wanted to try. Now my browser (Opera 7.54) will
> not recognize my internet connection. I get an error message that says
> "Failed to intialize WinSock.DLL and/or Wsock32.dll. Continuing in stand
> alone mode".
>
> Any ideas as to what I can try next?
>
> Also, when I check the app. files (winsock.dll and wsock32.dll) with "find"
> they show up but the same files do not show up when I switch to Windows
> Explorer. Could someone please take the time to explain to me why this is
> happening?
>
> Thanks,
> Yeto
Anonymous
December 2, 2010 12:29:35 PM

:pt1cable:
December 2, 2010 12:31:28 PM

kaa tui danh mu ma bi winsock gio lam sao day cac ban chi giup
Anonymous
December 3, 2010 9:35:30 AM

This topic has been closed by Grumpy9117
!