Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Has anyone ever experienced this? FS2004

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 8:42:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

FS2004, no add ons, no additional aircraft, default settings.

While flying along, it doesn't matter where, the program suddenly collapses
to the task bar. When I click on it with the mouse, the program expands to
full window mode with "press P to resume flashing. This usually occurs about
10 minutes or more into the flight. Later on, it does the same thing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

More about : experienced fs2004

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:02:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

>FS2004, no add ons, no additional aircraft, default settings.
>
>While flying along, it doesn't matter where, the program suddenly collapses
>to the task bar. When I click on it with the mouse, the program expands to
>full window mode with "press P to resume flashing. This usually occurs about
>10 minutes or more into the flight. Later on, it does the same thing.

Looks like another program is minimizing it, what background task are
you running? Did you check your machine for spyware and virus?

Otherwise un-check the pause on switch task option in FS and/or run in
window mode with the task manager open to see what else is grabbing
the attention...

===
Best Regards
Katy
July 23, 2005 2:42:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Charles H Fuller"
> While flying along, it doesn't matter where, the program suddenly
collapses
> to the task bar.

I don't know the total answer, but I've had it happen when an outside
process grabs the focus of the computer. For instance, I think Norton's
live update does it.

I would wonder if some poorly written spyware was checking in on the
Internet and popping you out of the sim.

Dallas
Related resources
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:55:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Thanks to all..... Problen solved.... Norton's was the problem.
"Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
news:4nc3e1929bhvfopaf8j3k7t0teat32m7m4@4ax.com...
> >FS2004, no add ons, no additional aircraft, default settings.
>>
>>While flying along, it doesn't matter where, the program suddenly
>>collapses
>>to the task bar. When I click on it with the mouse, the program expands to
>>full window mode with "press P to resume flashing. This usually occurs
>>about
>>10 minutes or more into the flight. Later on, it does the same thing.
>
> Looks like another program is minimizing it, what background task are
> you running? Did you check your machine for spyware and virus?
>
> Otherwise un-check the pause on switch task option in FS and/or run in
> window mode with the task manager open to see what else is grabbing
> the attention...
>
> ===
> Best Regards
> Katy
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:05:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

that would be my first thought too Dallas, try closing all other background
services not needed ,Charles. and if you are running Nortons(or would that
be "walking") get rid of it :-)

Paul
"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:3DeEe.2519$Uk3.1631@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Charles H Fuller"
> > While flying along, it doesn't matter where, the program suddenly
> collapses
> > to the task bar.
>
> I don't know the total answer, but I've had it happen when an outside
> process grabs the focus of the computer. For instance, I think Norton's
> live update does it.
>
> I would wonder if some poorly written spyware was checking in on the
> Internet and popping you out of the sim.
>
> Dallas
>
>
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 11:58:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Yes , I had the same problem with 'AVAST', but the problem cleared when I
temporarily disabled the anti-spyware software whilst running FS 2004. By
the way, apart from that, I've found 'AVAST' to be very good !


Moke G.



"Charles H Fuller" <buzfuller@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:qbednajKAvfO9X_fRVn-rQ@comcast.com...
> Thanks to all..... Problen solved.... Norton's was the problem.
> "Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
> news:4nc3e1929bhvfopaf8j3k7t0teat32m7m4@4ax.com...
>> >FS2004, no add ons, no additional aircraft, default settings.
>>>
>>>While flying along, it doesn't matter where, the program suddenly
>>>collapses
>>>to the task bar. When I click on it with the mouse, the program expands
>>>to
>>>full window mode with "press P to resume flashing. This usually occurs
>>>about
>>>10 minutes or more into the flight. Later on, it does the same thing.
>>
>> Looks like another program is minimizing it, what background task are
>> you running? Did you check your machine for spyware and virus?
>>
>> Otherwise un-check the pause on switch task option in FS and/or run in
>> window mode with the task manager open to see what else is grabbing
>> the attention...
>>
>> ===
>> Best Regards
>> Katy
>
>
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 4:08:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Yup, I have had that occur when Norton is running in the background on live
updates.

Mike C
"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:3DeEe.2519$Uk3.1631@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Charles H Fuller"
>> While flying along, it doesn't matter where, the program suddenly
> collapses
>> to the task bar.
>
> I don't know the total answer, but I've had it happen when an outside
> process grabs the focus of the computer. For instance, I think Norton's
> live update does it.
>
> I would wonder if some poorly written spyware was checking in on the
> Internet and popping you out of the sim.
>
> Dallas
>
>
!