Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Partitioning Hard Drive

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 8:27:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

I Recently Try reinstall my Win98 after I have been install two OSs which Win
98 ,(XP on Virtual drive,ie. win98 have just 1 partition which is C:)  then I
tried to have just Win98 but now I can't create more than 1 Partiton, is that
because XP upgraded my FAT32 to NTFS, and what is the solution to do more
partitions on the hard drive without using third buggy software party on my
Computer.
And when I try to use the Win98 now and try to use my AVERT of Macfee, the
System telling me it's out of Date and it's not because it is the latest one?
any help will be approciated thanks in advance,
Nasser
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 10:53:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

nass wrote:
> I Recently Try reinstall my Win98 after I have been install two OSs which Win
> 98 ,(XP on Virtual drive,ie. win98 have just 1 partition which is C:)  then I
> tried to have just Win98 but now I can't create more than 1 Partiton, is that
> because XP upgraded my FAT32 to NTFS, and what is the solution to do more
> partitions on the hard drive without using third buggy software party on my
> Computer.

Hey, wake up!
You ARE already using "buggy software" as your OS cannot comply with
industry standard of four partitions max. on any hard drive.
And this was established before MS-DOS came into beying.

> And when I try to use the Win98 now and try to use my AVERT of Macfee, the
> System telling me it's out of Date and it's not because it is the latest one?

Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?

> any help will be approciated thanks in advance,
> Nasser

Have fun

Stanislaw
Slack user from Ulladulla.
April 15, 2005 10:53:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:39 GMT, Stanislaw Flatto <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au>
wrote:
>
>Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
>
Huh?
>
>Stanislaw
>Slack user from Ulladulla.


John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
(A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).
Related resources
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 10:53:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

I will have fun, thank you?, but if the Monkey can't tell what is the problem
and the solution, shouldn't ask for a bnana and think he is a smart, with my
respect to the good users of this site, you can't just talk rubish and think
it is funy, if you think you are here for fun time you are wasting your time
and learn how to be a man!
with regret to answer you back?
nass

"Stanislaw Flatto" wrote:

> nass wrote:
> > I Recently Try reinstall my Win98 after I have been install two OSs which Win
> > 98 ,(XP on Virtual drive,ie. win98 have just 1 partition which is C:)  then I
> > tried to have just Win98 but now I can't create more than 1 Partiton, is that
> > because XP upgraded my FAT32 to NTFS, and what is the solution to do more
> > partitions on the hard drive without using third buggy software party on my
> > Computer.
>
> Hey, wake up!
> You ARE already using "buggy software" as your OS cannot comply with
> industry standard of four partitions max. on any hard drive.
> And this was established before MS-DOS came into beying.
>
> > And when I try to use the Win98 now and try to use my AVERT of Macfee, the
> > System telling me it's out of Date and it's not because it is the latest one?
>
> Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
>
> > any help will be approciated thanks in advance,
> > Nasser
>
> Have fun
>
> Stanislaw
> Slack user from Ulladulla.
>
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:30:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

John wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:39 GMT, Stanislaw Flatto <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au>
> wrote:
>
>>Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
>>
>
> Huh?

Yes.

>
>>Stanislaw
>>Slack user from Ulladulla.
>
>
>
> John <><
>
> A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
> with an other monkey's monkey.
> (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).

Substituting 14 words for the original 2.
Are you by chance a lawyer?
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:30:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Stanislaw,

If you can't be of assistance, perhaps you should desist from posting.
Your two posts to this thread are nonsensical.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm

"Stanislaw Flatto" <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au> wrote in message
news:nDU7e.953$Zn.46348@news.optus.net.au...
> John wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:39 GMT, Stanislaw Flatto
<compaid@shoalhaven.net.au>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
> >>
> >
> > Huh?
>
> Yes.
>
> >
> >>Stanislaw
> >>Slack user from Ulladulla.
> >
> >
> >
> > John <><
> >
> > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
> > with an other monkey's monkey.
> > (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).
>
> Substituting 14 words for the original 2.
> Are you by chance a lawyer?
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:30:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Thanks Gary,I did go to MS Secuirty and did download Spybot and found that I
have( Alexa Related and DSO exploit) in my registry and removed them,funy I
have Lavasoft installed but didn't detect these malware and also keep telling
me to update and when go to up date say no up date available funy! controoled
by the Malware. I thought I have Boot sector but n't sure, well I keep try
good test for me and if there's any further help w'll be great thanks !
nass

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> Stanislaw,
>
> If you can't be of assistance, perhaps you should desist from posting.
> Your two posts to this thread are nonsensical.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
>
> "Stanislaw Flatto" <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au> wrote in message
> news:nDU7e.953$Zn.46348@news.optus.net.au...
> > John wrote:
> > > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:39 GMT, Stanislaw Flatto
> <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > >>Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
> > >>
> > >
> > > Huh?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > >
> > >>Stanislaw
> > >>Slack user from Ulladulla.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > John <><
> > >
> > > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
> > > with an other monkey's monkey.
> > > (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).
> >
> > Substituting 14 words for the original 2.
> > Are you by chance a lawyer?
>
>
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:30:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Nass,

Those particular exploits are not anything to be concerned about. They
are, in fact, put there by Internet Explorer. Most people simply tell
Spybot to stop detecting those particular errors.

As for your original post, I'll be honest, I can't quite tell exactly
what you are trying to say. Could you please try again, rephrasing your
issue, so that we can make another attempt at understanding? I simply
can't quite picture exactly what it is that you are trying to explain.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm

"nass" <nass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:540BB159-E499-459A-B28F-3C3DCC92448E@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Gary,I did go to MS Secuirty and did download Spybot and found
that I
> have( Alexa Related and DSO exploit) in my registry and removed
them,funy I
> have Lavasoft installed but didn't detect these malware and also keep
telling
> me to update and when go to up date say no up date available funy!
controoled
> by the Malware. I thought I have Boot sector but n't sure, well I keep
try
> good test for me and if there's any further help w'll be great thanks
!
> nass
April 17, 2005 5:26:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

LOL, now I have to read that verse in Exodus!

"Stanislaw Flatto" wrote:

> John wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:39 GMT, Stanislaw Flatto <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
> >>
> >
> > Huh?
>
> Yes.
>
> >
> >>Stanislaw
> >>Slack user from Ulladulla.
> >
> >
> >
> > John <><
> >
> > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
> > with an other monkey's monkey.
> > (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).
>
> Substituting 14 words for the original 2.
> Are you by chance a lawyer?
>
April 17, 2005 5:28:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Good point, but at least Stanislaw doesn't rant as I am guilty of and as Jane
continues to do. Jane I encourage you to talk to a pscychologist to work out
your problems. It is helping me return to normal. I hope and pray for you
Jane but please try to refrain from hating everyone because love makes the
world go around. In addition, the golden rule is to do unto others as they
will do unto you and this advice is good for you too Stanislaw!

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> Stanislaw,
>
> If you can't be of assistance, perhaps you should desist from posting.
> Your two posts to this thread are nonsensical.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
>
> "Stanislaw Flatto" <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au> wrote in message
> news:nDU7e.953$Zn.46348@news.optus.net.au...
> > John wrote:
> > > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:39 GMT, Stanislaw Flatto
> <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > >>Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
> > >>
> > >
> > > Huh?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > >
> > >>Stanislaw
> > >>Slack user from Ulladulla.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > John <><
> > >
> > > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
> > > with an other monkey's monkey.
> > > (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).
> >
> > Substituting 14 words for the original 2.
> > Are you by chance a lawyer?
>
>
April 17, 2005 5:30:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

DSO exploits and their hacks --- I hope those people get what is coming to
them in the next life and I will leave it at that because I spend so many
hours fixing computers and remote hack attempts that are setup via the
registry after bad programs are installed. WE WILL WIN THE BATTLE AGAINST
THE ENEMIES OF THE STATE!

"nass" wrote:

> Thanks Gary,I did go to MS Secuirty and did download Spybot and found that I
> have( Alexa Related and DSO exploit) in my registry and removed them,funy I
> have Lavasoft installed but didn't detect these malware and also keep telling
> me to update and when go to up date say no up date available funy! controoled
> by the Malware. I thought I have Boot sector but n't sure, well I keep try
> good test for me and if there's any further help w'll be great thanks !
> nass
>
> "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
>
> > Stanislaw,
> >
> > If you can't be of assistance, perhaps you should desist from posting.
> > Your two posts to this thread are nonsensical.
> >
> > --
> > Gary S. Terhune
> > MS MVP Shell/User
> > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> >
> > "Stanislaw Flatto" <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au> wrote in message
> > news:nDU7e.953$Zn.46348@news.optus.net.au...
> > > John wrote:
> > > > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:53:39 GMT, Stanislaw Flatto
> > <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au>
> > > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > >>Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
> > > >>
> > > >
> > > > Huh?
> > >
> > > Yes.
> > >
> > > >
> > > >>Stanislaw
> > > >>Slack user from Ulladulla.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > John <><
> > > >
> > > > A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
> > > > with an other monkey's monkey.
> > > > (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).
> > >
> > > Substituting 14 words for the original 2.
> > > Are you by chance a lawyer?
> >
> >
April 17, 2005 5:33:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Alexa is a tracker Gary even though it is not that bad -- marketing agreement
between Microsoft and Alexa. You are right that DSO entry is an error with
Spybot Search and Destroy as the author has acknowledged. However, I have
been able to eliminate it. BTW, I was working on my system and now I have
only one load power profile and no I did not remove it from the msconfig.exe
-- I just know about how to do this. Gary, email me at
dew1975muggle@hotmail.com if you are interested

Just remove the mugggle --- LOL!!

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> Nass,
>
> Those particular exploits are not anything to be concerned about. They
> are, in fact, put there by Internet Explorer. Most people simply tell
> Spybot to stop detecting those particular errors.
>
> As for your original post, I'll be honest, I can't quite tell exactly
> what you are trying to say. Could you please try again, rephrasing your
> issue, so that we can make another attempt at understanding? I simply
> can't quite picture exactly what it is that you are trying to explain.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
>
> "nass" <nass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:540BB159-E499-459A-B28F-3C3DCC92448E@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks Gary,I did go to MS Secuirty and did download Spybot and found
> that I
> > have( Alexa Related and DSO exploit) in my registry and removed
> them,funy I
> > have Lavasoft installed but didn't detect these malware and also keep
> telling
> > me to update and when go to up date say no up date available funy!
> controoled
> > by the Malware. I thought I have Boot sector but n't sure, well I keep
> try
> > good test for me and if there's any further help w'll be great thanks
> !
> > nass
>
>
April 18, 2005 9:03:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

If all John does is have a scripture verse in his signature then I think that
is harmless. Now Jane on the other hand is definately in need of
pschycological help before she does something like commit suicide or hurt
herself due to extreme paranoia -- I know I was there before I met and talked
with my pschycologist and he helped me see the power of greed in the hearts
of humankind. That one word gave me the key to life and helped me to focus
again on my life. Have a nice day and remember the golden rule --- Do unto
others as they will do unto you.

"nass" wrote:

> I will have fun, thank you?, but if the Monkey can't tell what is the problem
> and the solution, shouldn't ask for a bnana and think he is a smart, with my
> respect to the good users of this site, you can't just talk rubish and think
> it is funy, if you think you are here for fun time you are wasting your time
> and learn how to be a man!
> with regret to answer you back?
> nass
>
> "Stanislaw Flatto" wrote:
>
> > nass wrote:
> > > I Recently Try reinstall my Win98 after I have been install two OSs which Win
> > > 98 ,(XP on Virtual drive,ie. win98 have just 1 partition which is C:)  then I
> > > tried to have just Win98 but now I can't create more than 1 Partiton, is that
> > > because XP upgraded my FAT32 to NTFS, and what is the solution to do more
> > > partitions on the hard drive without using third buggy software party on my
> > > Computer.
> >
> > Hey, wake up!
> > You ARE already using "buggy software" as your OS cannot comply with
> > industry standard of four partitions max. on any hard drive.
> > And this was established before MS-DOS came into beying.
> >
> > > And when I try to use the Win98 now and try to use my AVERT of Macfee, the
> > > System telling me it's out of Date and it's not because it is the latest one?
> >
> > Who/what is McAfee? Why do you need it?
> >
> > > any help will be approciated thanks in advance,
> > > Nasser
> >
> > Have fun
> >
> > Stanislaw
> > Slack user from Ulladulla.
> >
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 11:18:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

I don't know why all the fuss about my thread of these guys?, they looks like
in stars wars episode!, my problem Gary in simple way direct is , I can't do
many partititon on my hard drive ( multi partitions ), I done partition many
times before and install OSs successfully and partition hard drives of my
Laptop and Desktop many times like a fresh breath of air,will this time it
doesn't want to know what I want to do or responed to Commands in the FDISK,
keep create a primary partition of 2052Megs and the rest is extended or the
whole of primary is the whole size of the Drive or the Disk,no more than 2052
megs in the primary partition would like to accept, but no more partitions to
be created, but I have my computer before this problem partition on 1
partition and i the only one then I tried to install XP on the same drive
(C),then Xp prefer to create what it call Virtual drive so that OKAY I just
would like to try the Dual-Boot and see how the computer be or its
performance,then I try to Delete some Values for MISS ALEXA which I know by
heart, bad luch I deleted further than wanted been intrrupted by phone call
press the selected item and deleted it mistakenly. So n't bad I tried the
Dual-Boot in one drive ,what about if I could manage to do on
Multi-Partitions, before I did accept the situation as I didnt have time to
Partition and Install Win98 then XP,but I couldn't create more than 1
partition, computer slow and looks like would like to say something to me...
OKAY I have been on the internet after install my Win98 without Firwall or
Anti-Virus protection,but no more than check my email through the web page of
my browser,I thought may be I have a virus so scan with the AVERT but
computer keept telling me that the AVERT is out of date and it is not, so I
came here to ask and get help may be I got the latest Model in the Virus
Family
so seeking help, after all of these and use the Spybot found the (DSO and
ALEXA),which you saying is n't a problem why it is there what the benefit of
having these if n't major enhancement in the Browser?.
I deleted all of these and there some emprovement in the Computer now, but
still it didn't explain why I can't do Multi-Partition in the begining. Is it
because I did install XP and Converting the FAT32 to NTFS make it defficult
to install Win98 I can't set up in my mind yet as I'm in real busy mode and
lots of things due to job and study.
Thanks Gary
Nasser

B.N Hi Rick,I think you need to give him a Loly pup n't telling him to go
to Counselor
best of luck to you Dan either way you will never manage to get well,unless
you change yor mentality .What Do you think you are a geek ????!!
"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> Nass,
>
> Those particular exploits are not anything to be concerned about. They
> are, in fact, put there by Internet Explorer. Most people simply tell
> Spybot to stop detecting those particular errors.
>
> As for your original post, I'll be honest, I can't quite tell exactly
> what you are trying to say. Could you please try again, rephrasing your
> issue, so that we can make another attempt at understanding? I simply
> can't quite picture exactly what it is that you are trying to explain.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
>
> "nass" <nass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:540BB159-E499-459A-B28F-3C3DCC92448E@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks Gary,I did go to MS Secuirty and did download Spybot and found
> that I
> > have( Alexa Related and DSO exploit) in my registry and removed
> them,funy I
> > have Lavasoft installed but didn't detect these malware and also keep
> telling
> > me to update and when go to up date say no up date available funy!
> controoled
> > by the Malware. I thought I have Boot sector but n't sure, well I keep
> try
> > good test for me and if there's any further help w'll be great thanks
> !
> > nass
>
>
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:18:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Dan, you just gotta stop your incessant posting all over the place.
It's getting to be a ridiculous joke now.
This group is not your personal newsgroup to talk to yourself.

Haven't you noticed everyone is being polite but still nOt answering you?
...but you still just keep posting - why?

I'm sure you are a nice person, and I know you are a gentle kind soul.
But you are way out line - you have been told so many times over the last few
months, you even replied to some of the posts telling you that but either you
just don't get it - or you are in a fantasy world - and now you seem to be on
a campaign to overdue kissing up your adulation's towards everyone in hopes
for recognition or something. You just aren't listening to what's real - if
you are doing this in your real life then the same thing must be happening to
you with people there. I'm not saying any of this to be mean or hurtful with
my reply, and just because I posted to this thread it is totally random and
had nothing to do with the OP because I could of put it to any of the
thousand unanswered posts you keep making everywhere! - I'm just trying to
tell you the reality of how it is. Maybe you are a special needs person and
that's fine and an important consideration - I can and do respect that, but
maybe you need to get in balance with your inner reality as it relates to the
real world - get help with that.

Please find a counselor or something similar as a place to talk and talk, but
this forum is really not the place. I do wish you well........

Rick
April 18, 2005 12:18:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

theft at Target Corporation, theft at Microsoft, hacks from the government of
China on my machine -- do you really want me to go on Rick?

"Rick Chauvin" wrote:

> Dan, you just gotta stop your incessant posting all over the place.
> It's getting to be a ridiculous joke now.
> This group is not your personal newsgroup to talk to yourself.
>
> Haven't you noticed everyone is being polite but still nOt answering you?
> ...but you still just keep posting - why?
>
> I'm sure you are a nice person, and I know you are a gentle kind soul.
> But you are way out line - you have been told so many times over the last few
> months, you even replied to some of the posts telling you that but either you
> just don't get it - or you are in a fantasy world - and now you seem to be on
> a campaign to overdue kissing up your adulation's towards everyone in hopes
> for recognition or something. You just aren't listening to what's real - if
> you are doing this in your real life then the same thing must be happening to
> you with people there. I'm not saying any of this to be mean or hurtful with
> my reply, and just because I posted to this thread it is totally random and
> had nothing to do with the OP because I could of put it to any of the
> thousand unanswered posts you keep making everywhere! - I'm just trying to
> tell you the reality of how it is. Maybe you are a special needs person and
> that's fine and an important consideration - I can and do respect that, but
> maybe you need to get in balance with your inner reality as it relates to the
> real world - get help with that.
>
> Please find a counselor or something similar as a place to talk and talk, but
> this forum is really not the place. I do wish you well........
>
> Rick
>
>
>
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:38:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

news:uwWxKPCRFHA.3672@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 8:07:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

OK, Nass, I'm still having a lot of difficulty understanding your
problem. Let me see if I understand at least part of your problem.
Ignore those other guys. Think of this as one big coffeehouse, where a
lot of mechanics are sipping coffee and waiting to fix other people's
problems, who also have continuing dialogues while they wait and work
that have nothing to do with the customer.

1. You can't add multiple primary partitions to your hard drive
(*primary* partitions, not Extended volumes)?

2. You can't create a primary partition any larger than ~2GB? You also
can't create Volumes inside the Extended partition larger than ~2GB

3. You are using FDISK to do all these chores?

4. You already have partitions on the drive. Do they contain data or
programs that you want to keep? Or can you afford to wipe all of the
partitions off of the drive and start over?

5. Please, ignore the Alexa "problem". Microsoft, just like many other
good and legitimate programs, inserts components that might perhaps be
useful to them or to a small number of users, but which really qualify
as adware/spyware. You *can* delete Alexa DSO Exploits using Spybot, but
they will just be replaced. They are really not problems, and it's more
because of the logic that Spybot uses that it finds these and suggests
removing them. Spybot is only a tool, it can only suggest actions, and
in this case, as with some others, the proper action is to Ignore these
items.

I'm not sure what you mean when you way that Windows XP wishes to
install a "Virtual" drive or partition, unless it's offering to use an
Extended Volume and pretend that it's a Primary Partition. What I *do*
know is that FDISK is a very limited tool. I prefer BootItNG from
www.bootitng.com BING is a very good tool, but you have to learn how to
use it.

One of the problems you may be having with FDSIK is that you have to use
the Windows 98 version (or above) and say "Yes" to the first prompt
regarding Large Disk Support in order for it to create FAT32 partitions,
and you have to use FAT32 in order to create partitions larger than 2GB.
Also with FDISK, you can only create and delete partitions. You can't
convert them to other file systems, you can't re-size them, and you
can't move them.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm

"nass" <nass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:62C967CF-658B-44F6-8282-BBFEC7374047@microsoft.com...
> I don't know why all the fuss about my thread of these guys?, they
looks like
> in stars wars episode!, my problem Gary in simple way direct is , I
can't do
> many partititon on my hard drive ( multi partitions ), I done
partition many
> times before and install OSs successfully and partition hard drives of
my
> Laptop and Desktop many times like a fresh breath of air,will this
time it
> doesn't want to know what I want to do or responed to Commands in the
FDISK,
> keep create a primary partition of 2052Megs and the rest is extended
or the
> whole of primary is the whole size of the Drive or the Disk,no more
than 2052
> megs in the primary partition would like to accept, but no more
partitions to
> be created, but I have my computer before this problem partition on 1
> partition and i the only one then I tried to install XP on the same
drive
> (C),then Xp prefer to create what it call Virtual drive so that OKAY I
just
> would like to try the Dual-Boot and see how the computer be or its
> performance,then I try to Delete some Values for MISS ALEXA which I
know by
> heart, bad luch I deleted further than wanted been intrrupted by phone
call
> press the selected item and deleted it mistakenly. So n't bad I tried
the
> Dual-Boot in one drive ,what about if I could manage to do on
> Multi-Partitions, before I did accept the situation as I didnt have
time to
> Partition and Install Win98 then XP,but I couldn't create more than 1
> partition, computer slow and looks like would like to say something to
me...
> OKAY I have been on the internet after install my Win98 without
Firwall or
> Anti-Virus protection,but no more than check my email through the web
page of
> my browser,I thought may be I have a virus so scan with the AVERT but
> computer keept telling me that the AVERT is out of date and it is not,
so I
> came here to ask and get help may be I got the latest Model in the
Virus
> Family
> so seeking help, after all of these and use the Spybot found the (DSO
and
> ALEXA),which you saying is n't a problem why it is there what the
benefit of
> having these if n't major enhancement in the Browser?.
> I deleted all of these and there some emprovement in the Computer now,
but
> still it didn't explain why I can't do Multi-Partition in the
begining. Is it
> because I did install XP and Converting the FAT32 to NTFS make it
defficult
> to install Win98 I can't set up in my mind yet as I'm in real busy
mode and
> lots of things due to job and study.
> Thanks Gary
> Nasser
>
> B.N Hi Rick,I think you need to give him a Loly pup n't telling him
to go
> to Counselor
> best of luck to you Dan either way you will never manage to get
well,unless
> you change yor mentality .What Do you think you are a geek ????!!
> "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
>
> > Nass,
> >
> > Those particular exploits are not anything to be concerned about.
They
> > are, in fact, put there by Internet Explorer. Most people simply
tell
> > Spybot to stop detecting those particular errors.
> >
> > As for your original post, I'll be honest, I can't quite tell
exactly
> > what you are trying to say. Could you please try again, rephrasing
your
> > issue, so that we can make another attempt at understanding? I
simply
> > can't quite picture exactly what it is that you are trying to
explain.
> >
> > --
> > Gary S. Terhune
> > MS MVP Shell/User
> > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> >
> > "nass" <nass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:540BB159-E499-459A-B28F-3C3DCC92448E@microsoft.com...
> > > Thanks Gary,I did go to MS Secuirty and did download Spybot and
found
> > that I
> > > have( Alexa Related and DSO exploit) in my registry and removed
> > them,funy I
> > > have Lavasoft installed but didn't detect these malware and also
keep
> > telling
> > > me to update and when go to up date say no up date available funy!
> > controoled
> > > by the Malware. I thought I have Boot sector but n't sure, well I
keep
> > try
> > > good test for me and if there's any further help w'll be great
thanks
> > !
> > > nass
> >
> >
!