Trouble using scanner

Whenever I try to use my scanner I get a message that says in Hpip an illegal
operation has happened at module IPEBASE12.DLL@0167:004c5bcc. Can anyone help
me?
2 answers Last reply
More about trouble scanner

    I suspect you are using an HP scanner and if so, you may want to contact
    them for help. What I would do first is uninstall and then reinstall the
    scanner software (perhaps named: HP PrecisionScan) and see if that helps.

    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    "Long time nurse" <Longtimenurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I try to use my scanner I get a message that says in Hpip an
    > illegal
    > operation has happened at module IPEBASE12.DLL@0167:004c5bcc. Can anyone
    > help
    > me?

    Great point, Ron. I have decided I am done with HP and their poor drivers
    and terrible imho support and wanting to charge me almost $50 to repair a
    broken 3820 printer -- my dad just gave me his old Epson which I will hook up
    someday soon -- no time set as of yet -- too much going on in my life with my
    stolen social security card to post with my computer -- also security
    concerns from the top (you know what I mean) dictate that it my computer is a
    box on the floor until more control in the continual hackings of companies is
    brought under control by Microsoft and the federal government as I, Daniel
    continue my fight from David's computer -- the information in 98SE on my
    computer is too valuable to Microsoft and everyone in the USA to lose to
    two-bit hackers or to the dangerous and radical Chinese Communist Government.
    <Now why in the H_LL did I pray to God for adventure last October in my
    life> <I guess the saying -- Be careful what you wish for because you may
    get it was fulfilled in flying colors by the higher power in my life>
    <SIGH, I guess I should pray for things to quiet down and for my identity to
    mysteriously mostly disappear as happened in Enemy of the State to that guy
    who knew too much>

    "Ron Badour" wrote:

    > I suspect you are using an HP scanner and if so, you may want to contact
    > them for help. What I would do first is uninstall and then reinstall the
    > scanner software (perhaps named: HP PrecisionScan) and see if that helps.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    > Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    > Knowledge Base Info:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
    >
    > "Long time nurse" <Longtimenurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Whenever I try to use my scanner I get a message that says in Hpip an
    > > illegal
    > > operation has happened at module IPEBASE12.DLL@0167:004c5bcc. Can anyone
    > > help
    > > me?