Downloads for Windows Mobile 2003 SE?

October 26, 2004 9:20:53 PM

I have tried downloading applications from the internet only to find that
they do not work properly with WM 2003 SE.
Any good sites to get freeware from for my new Axim X30?

Thanks,

Jack Barrett
My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com
RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 9:20:54 PM

Most apps for the Pocket PC compiled for StrongARM/XScale should run fine on
the X30. Perhaps you downloaded some very old applications compiled for the
SH3 or MIPS processors.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>I have tried downloading applications from the internet only to find that
>they do not work properly with WM 2003 SE.
> Any good sites to get freeware from for my new Axim X30?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Barrett
> My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com
> RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 3:45:28 PM

If the applications are written in Visual Basic you need to install the
runtime engine, free form MS- the link has been posted in the past. You'll
also find past software recommendations in the archives too. If there is a
particular kind of application then ask, you'll be more likely to get a
relevant response. But do look through the archives- google.

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I have tried downloading applications from the internet only to find that
> they do not work properly with WM 2003 SE.
> Any good sites to get freeware from for my new Axim X30?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Barrett
> My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com
> RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 4:33:02 PM

Jack, I am new to the Axim X30 as well, but have managed to find a handful
of good d'l sites with products that have run up successfully on it.
Check some of the following:
http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php (Just installed PocketWeather
0.98.01 which is quite cool)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/downlo... (now
using the Remote Display Control for when I am cradled)
http://www.snapfiles.com/pocketpc/ (Haven't got any of these yet, but they
look cool!)
http://www.pocketpcsoft.net/ (Huge no. titles)

In fact, just google "pocket pc freeware [or software]", and you should get
dozens of sites.

Paul M.

"Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:uVXSeB7uEHA.1988@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...