multimedia files

In computer various video clips are played in various players (for example,
real or quicktime). If i burn these files to cd and put that cd in APEX
dvd/cd/vcd/MP3 players, will I be ableto watch the videos? thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about multimedia files

    Generally NO, not if you just copy the file to cd. some new dvd players
    support DivX encoded files, but not many. and those that do have specific
    bit rate and image size constraints
    but if you use a burner software
    Roxio
    Nero
    etc.
    you can choose to create a video cd that will play, and the burner software
    will do the format conversion.

    --
    Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
    spybot http://security.kolla.de

    Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
    _
    "noname" <noname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In computer various video clips are played in various players (for
    example,
    > real or quicktime). If i burn these files to cd and put that cd in APEX
    > dvd/cd/vcd/MP3 players, will I be ableto watch the videos? thanks

    You can copy your clips to DVD for playing on your DVD player in two
    different ways.

    You can convert the movies to DVD format and create a DVD-format disk. Your
    DVD writer was probably supplied with software to create DVD content.

    You can copy the files to a DVD data disk. Your DVD player might support
    playing video clips in several different file formats. You need to check
    the specifications for your particular player, as the capabilities vary
    between different players. When you know the formats that your DVD player
    can support, you will know which clips you need to convert to a different
    format, and which will work in their current format.
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "noname" <noname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In computer various video clips are played in various players (for
    > example,
    > real or quicktime). If i burn these files to cd and put that cd in APEX
    > dvd/cd/vcd/MP3 players, will I be ableto watch the videos? thanks

Multimedia Video CD-Rom Windows