multimedia files

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
April 15, 2005 8:21:03 PM

In computer various video clips are played in various players (for example,
real or quicktime). If i burn these files to cd and put that cd in APEX
dvd/cd/vcd/MP3 players, will I be ableto watch the videos? thanks

More about : multimedia files

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 12:49:28 AM

Generally NO, not if you just copy the file to cd. some new dvd players
support DivX encoded files, but not many. and those that do have specific
bit rate and image size constraints
but if you use a burner software
Roxio
Nero
etc.
you can choose to create a video cd that will play, and the burner software
will do the format conversion.

--
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de

Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
_
"noname" <noname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D DDD55BD-32AA-4F52-8C6B-1C20853420F2@microsoft.com...
> In computer various video clips are played in various players (for
example,
> real or quicktime). If i burn these files to cd and put that cd in APEX
> dvd/cd/vcd/MP3 players, will I be ableto watch the videos? thanks
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 2:28:46 PM

You can copy your clips to DVD for playing on your DVD player in two
different ways.

You can convert the movies to DVD format and create a DVD-format disk. Your
DVD writer was probably supplied with software to create DVD content.

You can copy the files to a DVD data disk. Your DVD player might support
playing video clips in several different file formats. You need to check
the specifications for your particular player, as the capabilities vary
between different players. When you know the formats that your DVD player
can support, you will know which clips you need to convert to a different
format, and which will work in their current format.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
!