FS2004 Setup problems

I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.

Please can anyone help me?

Andy..
10 answers Last reply
More about fs2004 setup problems

    "Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
    > settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
    > ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
    >
    > Please can anyone help me?
    >
    > Andy..

    Processor/memory/graphics card/operating system would be a start!

    >I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
    >settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
    >ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
    >
    >Please can anyone help me?

    Andy,

    Did you install and run FS from the same account with administrative
    privileges?

    ===
    Best Regards
    Katy

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:28:13 +0000 (UTC), "Pilbs"
    <someone@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

    >"Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
    >> settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
    >> ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
    >>
    >> Please can anyone help me?
    >>
    >> Andy..
    >
    >Processor/memory/graphics card/operating system would be a start!

    I am running windows XP Pro/1gb DDR memory/Pentium 4 3ghz/Geforce
    6800GT Graphics card.

    "Andy Knott"
    > I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
    > settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.

    Just a guess: DirectX problems?

    Might as well test your DirectX by going to start->run type in "dxdiag" in
    the box and run it.

    Dallas

    can u provide infomation about your system?

    "Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
    > settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
    > ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
    >
    > Please can anyone help me?
    >
    > Andy..

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:20:35 -0600, Katy Pluta
    <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote:

    >>I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
    >>settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
    >>ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
    >>
    >>Please can anyone help me?
    >
    >Andy,
    >
    >Did you install and run FS from the same account with administrative
    >privileges?
    >
    >===
    >Best Regards
    >Katy

    I have installed on Admin account and have tested direct X but reports
    no problems.

    The only part of the program that is causing problems is the sliders
    in settings ie Aircraft density and realisation they just won`t move.

    Andy.

    >>Did you install and run FS from the same account with administrative
    >>privileges?
    >>
    >>===
    >>Best Regards
    >>Katy
    >

    >I have installed on Admin account and have tested direct X but reports
    >no problems.
    >
    >The only part of the program that is causing problems is the sliders
    >in settings ie Aircraft density and realisation they just won`t move.
    >
    >Andy.

    Check that there is an fs9.cfg file and that it is not somehow
    write-protected and that you can access and modify it, see the FAQ
    below to find the file:
    http://www.simflight.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=MS+Flight+Simulator+2004#61

    ===
    Best Regards
    Katy

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:31:18 -0600, Katy Pluta
    <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote:

    >>>Did you install and run FS from the same account with administrative
    >>>privileges?
    >>>
    >>>===
    >>>Best Regards
    >>>Katy
    >>

    >>I have installed on Admin account and have tested direct X but reports
    >>no problems.
    >>
    >>The only part of the program that is causing problems is the sliders
    >>in settings ie Aircraft density and realisation they just won`t move.
    >>
    >>Andy.
    >
    >Check that there is an fs9.cfg file and that it is not somehow
    >write-protected and that you can access and modify it, see the FAQ
    >below to find the file:
    >http://www.simflight.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=MS+Flight+Simulator+2004#61
    >
    >===
    >Best Regards
    >Katy

    Katy,

    I`ve found the file and it is not write protected and i can access it
    but i have not tried to modify it as i am not sure what i am doing.

    Rgds

    Andy.

    Is that XP Pro SP2? SP1?

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message news:7lp4e11r5miuireb3a65m185h03otfica8@4ax.com...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:28:13 +0000 (UTC), "Pilbs"
    > <someone@somewhere.invalid> wrote:
    >

    >>"Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
    >>> settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
    >>> ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
    >>>
    >>> Please can anyone help me?
    >>>
    >>> Andy..
    >>
    >>Processor/memory/graphics card/operating system would be a start!
    >>
    > I am running windows XP Pro/1gb DDR memory/Pentium 4 3ghz/Geforce
    > 6800GT Graphics card.

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:31:12 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
    <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote:

    >Is that XP Pro SP2? SP1?

    Sorry its XP Pro SP2.

    Andy.

Internet Explorer Games Microsoft Video Games