FS2004 Setup problems

I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.

Please can anyone help me?

Andy..

"Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message
>I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
> settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
> ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
>
> Please can anyone help me?
>
> Andy..

Processor/memory/graphics card/operating system would be a start!

>I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
>settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
>ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
>
>Please can anyone help me?

Andy,

Did you install and run FS from the same account with administrative
privileges?

===
Best Regards
Katy

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:28:13 +0000 (UTC), "Pilbs"
<someone@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

>"Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
>> settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
>> ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
>>
>> Please can anyone help me?
>>
>> Andy..
>
>Processor/memory/graphics card/operating system would be a start!

I am running windows XP Pro/1gb DDR memory/Pentium 4 3ghz/Geforce
6800GT Graphics card.

dallas

"Andy Knott"
> I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
> settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.

Just a guess: DirectX problems?

Might as well test your DirectX by going to start->run type in "dxdiag" in
the box and run it.

Dallas

can u provide infomation about your system?

"Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
> settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
> ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
>
> Please can anyone help me?
>
> Andy..

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:20:35 -0600, Katy Pluta
<katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote:

>>I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
>>settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
>>ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
>>
>>Please can anyone help me?
>
>Andy,
>
>Did you install and run FS from the same account with administrative
>privileges?
>
>===
>Best Regards
>Katy

I have installed on Admin account and have tested direct X but reports
no problems.

The only part of the program that is causing problems is the sliders
in settings ie Aircraft density and realisation they just won`t move.

Andy.

>>Did you install and run FS from the same account with administrative
>>privileges?
>>
>>===
>>Best Regards
>>Katy
>

>I have installed on Admin account and have tested direct X but reports
>no problems.
>
>The only part of the program that is causing problems is the sliders
>in settings ie Aircraft density and realisation they just won`t move.
>
>Andy.

Check that there is an fs9.cfg file and that it is not somehow
write-protected and that you can access and modify it, see the FAQ
below to find the file:
http://www.simflight.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=MS+Flight+Simulator+2004#61

===
Best Regards
Katy

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:31:18 -0600, Katy Pluta
<katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote:

>>>Did you install and run FS from the same account with administrative
>>>privileges?
>>>
>>>===
>>>Best Regards
>>>Katy
>>

>>I have installed on Admin account and have tested direct X but reports
>>no problems.
>>
>>The only part of the program that is causing problems is the sliders
>>in settings ie Aircraft density and realisation they just won`t move.
>>
>>Andy.
>
>Check that there is an fs9.cfg file and that it is not somehow
>write-protected and that you can access and modify it, see the FAQ
>below to find the file:
>http://www.simflight.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=MS+Flight+Simulator+2004#61
>
>===
>Best Regards
>Katy

Katy,

I`ve found the file and it is not write protected and i can access it
but i have not tried to modify it as i am not sure what i am doing.

Rgds

Andy.

Is that XP Pro SP2? SP1?

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message news:7lp4e11r5miuireb3a65m185h03otfica8@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:28:13 +0000 (UTC), "Pilbs"
> <someone@somewhere.invalid> wrote:
>

>>"Andy Knott" <flyboyamm@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>I have installed FS2004 but when i run the program and go into
>>> settings all the boxes are shaded out and i am unable to select them.
>>> ie to select realism settings/Traffic density etc.
>>>
>>> Please can anyone help me?
>>>
>>> Andy..
>>
>>Processor/memory/graphics card/operating system would be a start!
>>
> I am running windows XP Pro/1gb DDR memory/Pentium 4 3ghz/Geforce
> 6800GT Graphics card.

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:31:12 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
<c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote:

>Is that XP Pro SP2? SP1?

Sorry its XP Pro SP2.

Andy.