SLI/Crossfire 939 Socket Motherboard

hyphven

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
I am planning on building a computer in the very near future. I would like the motherboard to be able to upgrade my CPU. I would like to get a good mobo and mid ranged cpu and gpu. I am kinda on a budget.

I am look for a good motherboard that supports SLi/Crossfire that is 939 socketed. 4 gig memory. I would like to do some overclocking too. Thanks!

Xtremegamer

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I suggest you check out the Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe Mobo. This is the board I bought and with dual X1900's in Crossfire mode, it just smokes.

I understand you are on a budget but this baby will allow dual GPU's, overclocking like crazy amoung many other features not the least of which is FULL WIDTH crossfire PCIe capability with the ATI 3200 Chipset.

Asus makes fantastic Mobos so you really can't go wrong. I just LOVE mine. :)

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
I am planning on building a computer in the very near future. I would like the motherboard to be able to upgrade my CPU. I would like to get a good mobo and mid ranged cpu and gpu. I am kinda on a budget.

I am look for a good motherboard that supports SLi/Crossfire that is 939 socketed. 4 gig memory. I would like to do some overclocking too. Thanks!

Why on earth do you need 4GB of RAM? I know you didn't say you were putting it in, but if you didn't plan on it why would you need 4GB support. Almost nobody needs 4GB. All the 939 boards I have ever seen support 1GB per slot, so your good to go there.

DFI boards are the absolute best overclockers but they are also the most complicated. I'd say Asus is good enough for most ppl unless you want to get that last 50Mhz OC.

If your trully on a budget, wait 2 months (if you can) till AM2 comes out and watch the 939 prices fall like a ton of bricks. They are already fairly low, but they will dive even further in June.

Adk_Eric

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Why on earth do you need 4GB of RAM?

Anyone making use of Direct X 10 when it comes out will want as much ram as possible. Video cards are going to be given direct access to system memory by Vista and Direct X 10.

The common 4 GB max on most MB will increase following the release of Vista and Direct X 10, and people will buy alot more ram.

hyphven

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
I am not initially going put 4 gig of mem and two video cards. I just want the option in the future.

Sorry, but what is AM2?

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
I am not initially going put 4 gig of mem and two video cards. I just want the option in the future.

Sorry, but what is AM2?

AM2 is a refresh of the 939 socket. It is adding support of DDR2-800 (at the expense of DDR of course) and lower TDP envelopes. Other than that its pretty much the same thing.