DLINK DVG-1120M/PR

Does anyone have a full technical manual for this unit? I am using it
with the Primus TalkBroadband service and it works great, but I can't
get the NAT to work and I need to connect through this gateway
remotely to an FTP server and to my PC via RealVNC. Everything seems
to be configured properly, its not rocket science, but I just can't
get inbound connections, its not answering on the specified global
ports even though the config is there.

There are a lot of settings in the webadmin interface (mostly for the
VoIP) but no associated help pages or proper documentation, not even
on the Dlink web site.

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about dlink 1120m

    I just got the same thing as you did from Primus. there is a
    support page on their website that might help a bit

    http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DVG%2D1120M

    but there seems to be no manual for this thing yet... not to sure
    why beacuse i would really like one too

    "B Nelson" <telecommunication@sympatico.ca> wrote in

    > Does anyone have a full technical manual for this unit? I am
    using it
    > with the Primus TalkBroadband service and it works great, but I
    can't
    > get the NAT to work and I need to connect through this gateway
    > remotely to an FTP server and to my PC via RealVNC. Everything
    seems
    > to be configured properly, its not rocket science, but I just
    can't
    > get inbound connections, its not answering on the specified
    global
    > ports even though the config is there.
    >
    > There are a lot of settings in the webadmin interface (mostly
    for the
    > VoIP) but no associated help pages or proper documentation, not
    even
    > on the Dlink web site.
    >
    > TIA

    Support page is useless. No manual other then the quick start guide.
    There should be associate help pages in the Webmin interface
    (192.168.15.1) but nothing. The clue here is that AT&T seem to be the
    hardware/software developers, maybe there is another TA product out
    there that has the same circuits in it with better documentation? Who
    knows.

    Dlink informs me that packet forwarding will not work. Its a firmware
    issue and they and AT&T are working on a fix. Who knows when that will
    be.

    "honsolo" <blackwood2726@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I just got the same thing as you did from Primus. there is a
    > support page on their website that might help a bit
    >
    > http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DVG%2D1120M
    >
    > but there seems to be no manual for this thing yet... not to sure
    > why beacuse i would really like one too
    >

    > "B Nelson" <telecommunication@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    >
    > > Does anyone have a full technical manual for this unit? I am
    > using it
    > > with the Primus TalkBroadband service and it works great, but I
    > can't
    > > get the NAT to work and I need to connect through this gateway
    > > remotely to an FTP server and to my PC via RealVNC. Everything
    > seems
    > > to be configured properly, its not rocket science, but I just
    > can't
    > > get inbound connections, its not answering on the specified
    > global
    > > ports even though the config is there.
    > >
    > > There are a lot of settings in the webadmin interface (mostly
    > for the
    > > VoIP) but no associated help pages or proper documentation, not
    > even
    > > on the Dlink web site.
    > >
    > > TIA

    have you got yours to work at all? i have had the gateway for
    like 2 weeks but they have not got it to work yet. they say
    telus is slow on giving up the line but it's been like a month
    since i started this process

    > Support page is useless. No manual other then the quick start
    guide.
    > There should be associate help pages in the Webmin interface
    > (192.168.15.1) but nothing. The clue here is that AT&T seem to
    be the
    > hardware/software developers, maybe there is another TA product
    out
    > there that has the same circuits in it with better
    documentation? Who
    > knows.
    >
    > Dlink informs me that packet forwarding will not work. Its a
    firmware
    > issue and they and AT&T are working on a fix. Who knows when
    that will
    > be.
    >

    > "honsolo" <blackwood2726@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I just got the same thing as you did from Primus. there is a
    >> support page on their website that might help a bit
    >>
    >> http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DVG%
    2D1120M

    >> but there seems to be no manual for this thing yet... not to
    sure
    >> why beacuse i would really like one too
    >>

    >> "B Nelson" <telecommunication@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Does anyone have a full technical manual for this unit? I am
    >> using it
    >> > with the Primus TalkBroadband service and it works great,
    but I
    >> can't
    >> > get the NAT to work and I need to connect through this
    gateway
    >> > remotely to an FTP server and to my PC via RealVNC.
    Everything
    >> seems
    >> > to be configured properly, its not rocket science, but I
    just
    >> can't
    >> > get inbound connections, its not answering on the specified
    >> global
    >> > ports even though the config is there.
    >> >
    >> > There are a lot of settings in the webadmin interface
    (mostly
    >> for the
    >> > VoIP) but no associated help pages or proper documentation,
    not
    >> even
    >> > on the Dlink web site.
    >> >
    >> > TIA

    I didn't have a ported line, just a new line and I was up inside of 15
    minutes.

    > have you got yours to work at all? i have had the gateway for
    > like 2 weeks but they have not got it to work yet. they say
    > telus is slow on giving up the line but it's been like a month
    > since i started this process
    >
    > "B Nelson" <telecommunication@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    >

    > > Support page is useless. No manual other then the quick start
    > guide.
    > > There should be associate help pages in the Webmin interface
    > > (192.168.15.1) but nothing. The clue here is that AT&T seem to
    > be the
    > > hardware/software developers, maybe there is another TA product
    > out
    > > there that has the same circuits in it with better
    > documentation? Who
    > > knows.
    > >
    > > Dlink informs me that packet forwarding will not work. Its a
    > firmware
    > > issue and they and AT&T are working on a fix. Who knows when
    > that will
    > > be.
    > >

    > > "honsolo" <blackwood2726@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> I just got the same thing as you did from Primus. there is a
    > >> support page on their website that might help a bit
    > >>
    > >> http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DVG%
    > 2D1120M
    > >>
    > >> but there seems to be no manual for this thing yet... not to
    > sure
    > >> why beacuse i would really like one too
    > >>

    > >> "B Nelson" <telecommunication@sympatico.ca> wrote in

    > >> using it