Need Help Punk Buster

Heroe123

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
I have a problem with Punk Buster. I was playing in a Able vs. match and i got 5 min into game and my computer just freezes then restarts. What I've noticed over time meaning the last 12 months is that this only happens when a server has punk buster enabled. COD is not the only game this happens with but also BattleField2 and also Americas Army. If there is no punk buster it works fine but punk buster kills my comp. I've tried getting newest punk buster and even read up a bit on punk buster tried just about everything. If any one has this prob or has an answer please let me know. Thanks. I can give what ever info you need to help me on this matter. Thanks again.

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe N-Force 2/AMD 3200 XP/ATI X800 PRO/1GB Corsair DDR PC-3200/120GB Maxtor 7200 RPM/73GB Raptor 10000RPM/Audigy 2 ZS Platinum/Samsung 710T Monitor

wizoforb

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
I have had the smae problem, but I enable punk buster in the game menu, and seems to fix for me. Doesn't the latest Punk Buster DownLoad automatically during game play/load time. I was getting booted in the first 5 mins as well. This is all for COD:UD only though. I couldn't figure it out either. I think for some reason it picks up cheats on my comp. Not only for COD, but maybe for others??? I don't really know.....wasn''t there a "show blood" cheat for COD, or was it MOH. In any case I would join non busters for now of coarse til you fix whats wrong.

riser

Illustrious
There is a time limit for it to download during the game.. or if you have high packet loss, it'll boot you.

Maybe drop your graphics down a little and see if that helps.. if you start lagging punkbuster kicks too because there is a lag cheat out there.. where players 'lag' to others, but they don't play as lagging.. they're playing normal.

YOu can run the PBWeb.exe thing and update punkbuster before you enter a game too. That's probably the best thing to try.

TRENDING THREADS