Getting hold of Multilingual User Interface (MUI)

alex

I am looking to buy a new laptop and wish to equip it with Windows XP and MUI
(Multilingual User Interface) East Asian edition. I have just read that "the
Windows XP/2000 MUI is sold only through Volume Licensing programs such as
the Microsoft Open License Program (MOLP / Open), Select, and Enterprise
agreement (or with a new computer as an OEM version at customer request). It
is not available through retail channels." Does this mean that I, as a single
non-business customer, have no way to get a hold of MUI East Asian edition?
I am English, currently studying Chinese in Taiwan and will need to run both
Chinese and English programs. I have been informed that some dictionary
programs run into problems on installation specifically due to the operating
system being in English. MUI seems like the perfect solution to this.
Can anyone tell me how I can get a hold of a copy?

Thanks a lot to Rick and xfile for their helpful answers to my previous
question.
How can I acquire Windows MUI?

Alex wrote:
> I am looking to buy a new laptop and wish to equip it with Windows
> XP
> and MUI (Multilingual User Interface) East Asian edition. I have
> just
> read that "the Windows XP/2000 MUI is sold only through Volume
> Licensing programs such as the Microsoft Open License Program (MOLP
> /
> Open), Select, and Enterprise agreement (or with a new computer as
> an
> OEM version at customer request). It is not available through retail
> channels." Does this mean that I, as a single non-business customer,
> have no way to get a hold of MUI East Asian edition?

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: