Dvds will not play in windows.

RonCMorgan

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I cannot get dvds to play in my windows. I have downloaded video by camcorder but have never been able to by dvd into the c drive.

Gimp

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Check in device manager look in dvd\cdrom drive if the drivers are corrupted followed by a code no 48 or similar, then follow the guide below:

Click on driver tab>uninstall driver>click ok and re-boot pc it will re-install drivers see if it has cured it if not you will have to go into the registry.

Open registry need to to be logged on as administrator and follow instructions below:

Click start>run type regedit click on search and then select regedit from list press enter.

Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Control>Class click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

You may see either or both entries Lower Filter or Upper Filter delete these by right clicking on each entry and selecting delete.
Then re-boot pc.

john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Not sure if i read your issue correctly... however, do you have the codecs required to play DVD files? if not i personally suggest EITHER K-Lite Codec pack or Combined Community Codec Pack
also... seems funny but, is the disc drive detected in my computer? device manager? and is it actually a DVD Drive or just a CD Drive? (you wouldnt beleive how many people have confused that...)

Anyway theres my punt ^