Intel lovers vs Amd lovers

SyPheR

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Let's face it......some people just buy intel cause they want to buy it regardless of what amd releases. I wonder why this is. Is this because Intel is American and Amd is not? hehe... It's just a fact that Amd has given Intel a damn hard time the last couple of years. Everytime Intel thought to have regained controll over Amd for a long period of time Amd strikes back and do just the opposite. Now you have people who allready start saying that Intel will own soon with some previews of it's next cpu's. It's a bit funny actually to see these people talk cause in fact they still dont get it. Amd will strike back again as soon as those cpu's wil lbe released and will have performance lead for a longer period of time over intel then intel over amd. Oh well...it's good that Intel still has fans.......orelse what would them cpu's cost without Intel? :D
And no...I'm not an AMD fan.....cause when Intel really starts proofing to be better I will choose Intel even if I'm european :p So why not end this crap war between amd and intel and just face the real benchmark facts.

ps: excuse me for my bad english as my beer was a bit too tasty and I just had to write this message :p

Zoness

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
This happens all the time, with a wide variety of things, a good example is gaming companies. I will always buy a Nintendo console regardless of what others think or say. Same thing with Sony fans or Microsoft.

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
Let's face it......some people just buy intel cause they want to buy it regardless of what amd releases. I wonder why this is. Is this because Intel is American and Amd is not? hehe... It's just a fact that Amd has given Intel a damn hard time the last couple of years. Everytime Intel thought to have regained controll over Amd for a long period of time Amd strikes back and do just the opposite. Now you have people who allready start saying that Intel will own soon with some previews of it's next cpu's. It's a bit funny actually to see these people talk cause in fact they still dont get it. Amd will strike back again as soon as those cpu's wil lbe released and will have performance lead for a longer period of time over intel then intel over amd. Oh well...it's good that Intel still has fans.......orelse what would them cpu's cost without Intel? :D
And no...I'm not an AMD fan.....cause when Intel really starts proofing to be better I will choose Intel even if I'm european :p So why not end this crap war between amd and intel and just face the real benchmark facts.

ps: excuse me for my bad english as my beer was a bit too tasty and I just had to write this message :p

Image deleted by moderators - inappropriate language!

8O

lol

GherkinPekul

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
Here is some free advice.
When torn between drinking more beer, and posting something pointless,
the answer is always MORE BEER!!!

Now, if I would always take my own advice, I would be getting somewhere.

kda

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
For most of my life I bought Intel just because it was a known quantity and the purchase was "comfortable".

Then I began to read about AMD and saw stories about how they were beating Intel at their own game. I stuck with Intel anyway because AMD was mostly sold on boards with VIA chipsets and those setups often had serious problems with graphics cards, even those cards from major companies. That was a huge turn-off for me.

Finally came the nVidia chipset based MBs on which the AMD processors were mounted ... and that finally brought graphics cards / drivers compatibility that was really trouble free for a pleasant change.

That compatibility combined with AMDs absolute "trashing" of the Intel Toaster Ovens that were being sold as CPUs convinced me to gamble with AMD on this last computer ... and I am delighted that I did.

But that decision was a long time coming ... partly for reasons that made sense to me and partly because of the natural resistance to change that accompanies a lot of decisions.

But AMD should make no mistake. If, when it is time for the next computer, Intel has its act together and can show clear advantages over AMD, I'll buy Intel again also.

So I'm not convinced that the "masses" can be easily labeled as Intel Lovers or AMD fan boys as these forums are prone to do. Maybe they are just consumers trying to find their way in the market place.

If I say I like AMD, what I mean is that right now, I like AMD and think it is best. It doesn't mean I'm forever committed to buy AMD no matter what.

custompcz

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Another stupid newb fanboy post.
What should we reply??? Ooooooh, how insightful and articulate!?
Go back to killing what little brain cells you have left with another of your piss warm beers.

silentcoercion

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Buying an AMD product makes your penis bigger, but buying Intel works like those Axe/Tag deodorant commercials--women will literally jump you on the street, because they can smell the Intel on you.

pat

Expert
Buying an AMD product makes your penis bigger, but buying Intel works like those Axe/Tag deodorant commercials--women will literally jump you on the street, because they can smell the Intel on you.

you may smell good, but when they'll discover your small penis, they all will go over AMD users anyway ...

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
there hehe

hahaha2cw.jpg

xombie2000

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
It's kind of funny how so many people post things like "<insert company A> will strike back again as soon as those cpu's will be released and will have performance lead for a longer period of time over <insert company B> then <insert company B> over <insert company A>." Do you seriously think that fabbing a new chip with 150,000,000 - 300,000,000 transistors is cheap or easy? Remember the tides turn. I can't tell you how many different brand video cards I have been through. But I can say every time it was because of performance. Keep in mind once upon a time people were astonished how well the Hammer architecture performed and cried foul.

P.S. Google is your friend.

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
INTeL and AMD are both American companies. :lol:

Really? Combining that fact with what #1 said AMD must be running under some illegal alien management. Is this a step up for those Mexicans illegally crossing the border? Careful, your treading on thin ice.

gearbox

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Heh....... you'd think some of these characters were shareholders of the company they defend so defiantly instead of 30-year virgins flaming excitedly from within the bowels of their momma's basement :p

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
This is worthy of t3h sigeranature!

GherkinPekul

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
Science needs to engineer an apathy that targets the Amd vs. Intel debate.
It is very sad that in a world with so much rampant apathy, this pointless debate is immune. Please do your part, and stop giving a sh&t.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
For most of my life I bought Intel just because it was a known quantity and the purchase was "comfortable".

Then I began to read about AMD and saw stories about how they were beating Intel at their own game. I stuck with Intel anyway because AMD was mostly sold on boards with VIA chipsets and those setups often had serious problems with graphics cards, even those cards from major companies. That was a huge turn-off for me.

Finally came the nVidia chipset based MBs on which the AMD processors were mounted ... and that finally brought graphics cards / drivers compatibility that was really trouble free for a pleasant change.

That compatibility combined with AMDs absolute "trashing" of the Intel Toaster Ovens that were being sold as CPUs convinced me to gamble with AMD on this last computer ... and I am delighted that I did.

But that decision was a long time coming ... partly for reasons that made sense to me and partly because of the natural resistance to change that accompanies a lot of decisions.

But AMD should make no mistake. If, when it is time for the next computer, Intel has its act together and can show clear advantages over AMD, I'll buy Intel again also.

So I'm not convinced that the "masses" can be easily labeled as Intel Lovers or AMD fan boys as these forums are prone to do. Maybe they are just consumers trying to find their way in the market place.

If I say I like AMD, what I mean is that right now, I like AMD and think it is best. It doesn't mean I'm forever committed to buy AMD no matter what.
Very well said.
The problem with AMD was that they joined the game too late with less resources. It was very difficult for them to follow Intel and their main adut was the price. Their CPUs and technology was unsupported by the software developers and they were ignored by the big computer houses(well, they are still ignored by the giant - Dell) as much as by Intel. They had some CPUs that were overheating and hanging the systems, the K5 & K6 and those chips were working against their reputation.
Finaly the K7 was the one which was performing same as Intel and costed less. That was the time when the things started to change. Yes, there were only AMD and VIA chipsets which were slower than the chipsets made by Intel for their P3.
When nVidia nForce came, it was not the best chipset. At the same time came the VIA KT266A, which was cheap and significiently faster for DDR memory operations than all others available for K7.
The K8 was another sucessfull system solutuion that was generaly cheaper than the P4 and was performing better. That was the success of AMD, and Intel learned the lession loosing the market for servers and performance desktop computers.
How will be in future, time will tell better than what all of us having no stereotypic and no fanboyistic points of view predict and that is that Intel will take the lead again like it was for many years since they produce chips.

shabodah

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Hello people! Is it really as it seems here: No one is looking at the morality of the issue? I don't care what Intel puts out, I will NEVER buy anything from them I am not FORCED to, period. The actions companies like Intel, Microsoft, Walmart, Etc, etc, have taken are completely unethical. Heck, Exxon/Mobil posted its largest profits last quarter, soaking it to us like never before. I don't care who the competitor is, when it was Cyrix, I bought Cyrix, if Samsung comes along with a CPU, I'll have a choice between AMD and Samsung. Not an AMD fanboy, just anti-Intel, etc. Really can't believe the things these companies have forced down our throats and brainwashed us over. If I could game with no hardware support issues in ANY other OS, I would NEVER use a Microsoft product again. Tell me I am not the only one who sees things this way, PLEASE!

You are the only one that sees things this way. ;)

If I don't buy from Intel, I do it because someone else has a better product... not because someone else is the "underdog". I upgraded from a P4 to an Athlon64 because it's better than anything Intel has RIGHT NOW. (Before the Conroe fanbois start in on me). I didn't buy it because Intel has a history of bullying and throwing it's weight around. If Intel were to release a superior product, then I would buy it.

theboomboomcars

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I don't buy intel for those same reasons, I don't use MS stuff for those reasons, and others as well. But in a capitalist society in order to get rid of those rich companies that do illegal/unethical things, then buy politicians to make it all right in the end, for them anyway, is to not give them more money. So I don't.