start button and taskbar disappear

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 23, 2005 6:14:02 AM

I did a clean instalation of w98se and is fine, install winzip, adware and
mozilla. hook up to the internet, do the regular windows updates, ad-aware
updates - all fine. I also go to the internet thru monzilla, However, whether
is coincidently, or not, when i close the monzilla "using the x on the top
right corner" it looks like hang so I off the power and on again.
Interestingly, the "start" and icons/or the taskbar are gone.
any idea what is hapening and how can I get back the 'start'/taskbar? TIA
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 11:15:48 AM

Are the desktop icons visible, or are they missing too? Can you bring up the Start
Menu by pressing the Windows key on the keyboard? Can you run any programs? What
is listed in the 'Close Program' box when you press Ctrl+Alt+Delete?

If the Start Menu pops up when you press the Windows key, move your mouse pointer to
the bottom of the screen till it turns into a double-headed arrow, and click/drag
the taskbar up from the bottom line on the screen.

Post back with your findings.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"iqppty" <iqppty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I did a clean instalation of w98se and is fine, install winzip, adware and
> mozilla. hook up to the internet, do the regular windows updates, ad-aware
> updates - all fine. I also go to the internet thru monzilla, However, whether
> is coincidently, or not, when i close the monzilla "using the x on the top
> right corner" it looks like hang so I off the power and on again.
> Interestingly, the "start" and icons/or the taskbar are gone.
> any idea what is hapening and how can I get back the 'start'/taskbar? TIA
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 6:43:08 PM

| when i close the monzilla "using the x on the top
| right corner" it looks like hang so I off the power and on again.

Stick with Glee, but...

You should have pressed Ctrl-Alt-Del & just ended the Mozilla task,
instead of what you did.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,