start button and taskbar disappear

I did a clean instalation of w98se and is fine, install winzip, adware and
mozilla. hook up to the internet, do the regular windows updates, ad-aware
updates - all fine. I also go to the internet thru monzilla, However, whether
is coincidently, or not, when i close the monzilla "using the x on the top
right corner" it looks like hang so I off the power and on again.
Interestingly, the "start" and icons/or the taskbar are gone.
any idea what is hapening and how can I get back the 'start'/taskbar? TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about start button taskbar disappear

    Are the desktop icons visible, or are they missing too? Can you bring up the Start
    Menu by pressing the Windows key on the keyboard? Can you run any programs? What
    is listed in the 'Close Program' box when you press Ctrl+Alt+Delete?

    If the Start Menu pops up when you press the Windows key, move your mouse pointer to
    the bottom of the screen till it turns into a double-headed arrow, and click/drag
    the taskbar up from the bottom line on the screen.

    Post back with your findings.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "iqppty" <iqppty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I did a clean instalation of w98se and is fine, install winzip, adware and
    > mozilla. hook up to the internet, do the regular windows updates, ad-aware
    > updates - all fine. I also go to the internet thru monzilla, However, whether
    > is coincidently, or not, when i close the monzilla "using the x on the top
    > right corner" it looks like hang so I off the power and on again.
    > Interestingly, the "start" and icons/or the taskbar are gone.
    > any idea what is hapening and how can I get back the 'start'/taskbar? TIA

    | when i close the monzilla "using the x on the top
    | right corner" it looks like hang so I off the power and on again.

    Stick with Glee, but...

    You should have pressed Ctrl-Alt-Del & just ended the Mozilla task,
    instead of what you did.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "iqppty" <iqppty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I did a clean instalation of w98se and is fine, install winzip, adware
    and
    | mozilla. hook up to the internet, do the regular windows updates,
    ad-aware
    | updates - all fine. I also go to the internet thru monzilla, However,
    whether
    | is coincidently, or not, when i close the monzilla "using the x on the
    top
    | right corner" it looks like hang so I off the power and on again.
    | Interestingly, the "start" and icons/or the taskbar are gone.
    | any idea what is hapening and how can I get back the 'start'/taskbar?
    TIA

Taskbar Microsoft Internet Windows